• Offensive content will be removed

Topic

IsaacThePooper 6 days ago

Its a Nerf gun first person shooter.

Its free too, give me your thoughts.

https://www.roblox.com/games/625364452/Nerf-FPS-2017-OPEN-ALPHA

Comments Sorted by:

Growliff1234 1 Build 3 points 6 days ago

Alright, you've got a decent idea that isn't insanely original but not terribly overdone. Try to take it to a different programming language/ unity to try to max out your potential instead of spending time on roblox.

FlyinToasteronie 1 point 5 days ago

Unity? Isn't that a pain to work with?

Growliff1234 1 Build 1 point 5 days ago

You just have to learn what I think is c sharp. Many good games are made on the engine. Roblox is limiting you.

IsaacThePooper submitter 1 Build 1 point 5 days ago

Its C#

I'm really, like limited

I only want and only want to know Lua code.

I know ROBLOX is limiting me, but you can make money now (1,650,000/year maximum) I've already made over $10,000 USD and I'm only 16-ish years old.

GentlemanShark 1 Build 3 points 5 days ago

How is it different than any other FPS?

It seems to be more focused on customizability of the guns. Most games are focused on gameplay.

(My perspective)

There is Nerf guns, I haven't seen any other Nerf FPS games (other than the ones done by Hasbro). So bullet drop and accuracy is a huge factor, also customization and modding is in the game as well.

GentlemanShark 1 Build 1 point 5 days ago

Most games allow for customizing and modding, bullet drop and accuracy is also common. So besides the guns being multi-colored, anything else?

Well I put emphasis on the bullet drop and accuracy because Nerf darts are not aerodynamic. So unlike your typical shooter, you probably won't hit the person that is 100ft in front of you with your sights directly on the target.

Just play the game.

gorkti200 2 Builds 1 point 5 days ago

I can't see/play it due to being at work but I applaud anyone who takes on game dev, Roblox or not.

Lol thanks

ROBLOX has a very toxic community, but it is very good for developers. Congrats on 835k visits! I love the game, but I do want to say that this game is quite similar as Phantom Forces.

Yeah, but we've made the whole game from scratch. Its a little like Phantom Forces with some animations and customizability. But there is Nerf guns, leaning, and a totally different UI and gameplay style.

I can see that. I saw no free models while I played.

Also you'd be surprised on how many mature users play. But there are a lot of kids too.

Mostly traders and devs are "mature" (also the SF clans are pretty mature.)

and CPFL lol