PCPartPicker

• Register

Intro from a MAC household to PC build. Opinions needed!

Forum Search

Guidelines

• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Upmind 5 days ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HHz6xY My house is a devoted Apple household, and I hate it, so now i'm building my first Windows OS build. INC. Monitor and OS. Rate my build out of 10 please. If able to, I would love any rough benchmarks with games like Overwatch, CSGO (Important!), Borderlands 3, and other high performance games. Thank you very much!

Note: I have already bought the processor and RAM so if changing, please dont change those. I'm also interested in wifi and an HDD for school work so I can use both

Comments Sorted by:

sniperunrepeat 1 point 5 days ago

8/10

Why are you getting a Z270 board with a skylake chip? You should just get a z170 and save the money, no reason to pay a premium.

Also I'd recommend getting a better cooler, such as the CRYORIG H7, or at least the Hyper 212 Evo

Upmind submitter 1 point 5 days ago

Get a Z170 board ideally, because you bought a 6600k, so i'll asusme you want the option of overclocking. Otherwise it looks great

gdneko 1 point 5 days ago

I would recommend a evga g3 or g2 psu

If I were to keep the one I have now, would I get punished any way performance wise?

Nope

mlggeekmaster242 1 point 5 days ago

But Borderlands 3 isn't out yet? I would suggest something but I am a noob as well. However if you are paying that much already you could probably upgrade the PSU as commented by someone else.

2.... ****

mlggeekmaster242 1 point 5 days ago

Great game. Your PC will probably destroy that game. Also Borderlands 3 is coming out so your pc should be able to handle that as well

Thanks man <3

Also, I actually bought the CPU and RAM off a friend for 100 (Free RAM), so 900 is my limit