1st Build. Built it for gaming, but it is also decent as a workstation. I aimed for buying stuff during Black Friday for the deals.
The idle CPU temperature seems a little bit too high but its still reasonable. This might be because I accidentally messed up the Pure Rock's pre-applied thermal paste and had to use another one I bought a few months ago.
Overwatch - 144hz - max settings Black Desert Online - 60-100Hz - high settings
*This build would have been about $1500, but I bought an additional Samsung M.2 and Acer 144hz monitor because I couldn't resist the deals.
- Did some minor overclocking with Ryzen Master getting to 3.7ghz on 1.3V
- Was worried about sagging, so I cut a new eraser down to hold the other end of the video card, as shown in the pictures. I made sure it didn't block the fans.
- Thank you to Digital_Ronin! 2nd slot was only getting x4 speeds. Moved video card up and now am getting x16 speeds.
- There is this low humming/resonating noise that is very noticeable when my computer is under load. I have checked all my fans and replaced my CPU Cooler Fans (be quiet! was very nice in dealing with me). I believe now that it is the video card. Most of the time, the fans are not on because I don't do anything GPU intensive. Will play with my fan controller settings. If that doesn't fix anything, I'll have to contact MSI :\
- The 144hz monitor won't turn off from sleep mode. It will from other ways of waking up though.
This is an amazing card. I have not overclocked it, but I can get Overwatch on 144hz on 1080p easy. Most of the time the fan's aren't spinning because I am not pushing it enough. If it's loud with the fans, I'll update this review.
Its perfect except for the front panel IO. The original AND the replacement front panel IO's mic slot is super buggy. When you insert the mic, it pushes the panel IO down a little bit and this can cause some friction on the case's white plastic. It worked fine, but recently the mic is completely broken, its just static.
Pretty good and does its job. It required some calibration to look good though.
It's great except, on rare occasions, when the computer is on sleep mode, this monitor will not get out of sleep mode when the computer wakes up. It's as if monitor doesn't pick anything up from the DP output. I need to put the computer back to sleep and reawake it to fix this
Amazing wired mouse. It has smooth movements and I have not found any bugs when I am using it. Feels nice, looks good, and has warranty from logitech.
The sound and build quality is excellent. The ability to mute myself when I pull up my mic is useful too. Took off one star because the microphone quality is only somewhat decent.