This is my first attempt at building my own PC from the ground up instead of buying prebuilt. I built it for streaming, pic/video editing, content creation for Youtube, and of course gaming.
The case airflow was the one thing that was just terrible. I did some milling and added some primochill hex grills for the front and the top of the case which have solved the issue. I manually set the cpu vcore to 1.29V and LLC on turbo to help Vdroop and that kept the temps to hitting a max in the mid 60s C on 4.8ghz on all cores after and hour of realbench. Gaming on 3440x1440p for a few hours only reaches around low 50s C max or so, GPU stays around low 50s C.
Very happy how it came out after collecting all but the major parts for the last few years and just decided to go for it and get a 1080 ti while i can from Nvidia for $699 while they were in stock. I probably got one of the last 1080ti direct from nvidia before stock ran out and prices sky rocketed, very lucky.
I installed my own EKWB GPU waterblock and backplate, it was very easy, so anyone afraid to do it for the first time, don't let it scare you. Follow the directions and do not over tighten the mounting screws.
Thanks to performance-pcs.com for all the water loop parts. Those guys are awesome and I highly recommend them. And thanks to EKWB for making some amazing wet parts for this build.
Got another 16GB of the same RAM to make it a 32GB system. I noticed during streaming and gaming and a few other apps open it really ate up the system memory. Now when gaming and streaming I'm using around 16GB or more of ram. Adding 4 sticks increased temps slightly too obviously.
Also added some EVGA black cable combs. Not great quality, would not recommend, but they did the job. Get better cable combs.
I delidded the cpu and used thermal grizzly liquid metal on the die and ihs. Then their good TIM between the ihs and the cold plate ek monoblock. Results are about 15C drop in temps after an hour of stress testing. Worth it and easy to do. I used mg conformal coating to insulate the exposed contacts next to the die on the cpu. My chip is average, seems to need about .04V to go up each 100mhz. I used the rockit88 kit.
Coming soon...... switching to acrylic tubing. The primo advanced lrt is slightly cloudy. And switching from mayhems pastel, to mayhems x1 clear coolant.