Okay, folks, my first gaming PC is completed! A few comments...
1) I built this game to max out and overclock any and all 1080p games, but at the same time get a really good value for my money.
2) I also wanted a system that would last a long time and have the potential for upgrades (hence getting a bit more power in my PSU and a larger case).
3) If I could go back and do it differently, I'd get a larger SSD. That's really the only thing I'd change on this build.
4) I did my best to look for deals. With $100 in rebates and some great Memorial Day sales, I put this bad boy together for $1178, and that including a 144hz 24" monitor!
5) If you're curious about my set up, I use a bar table for Ikea. I don't like to sit much throughout the day and it works perfectly as a standing desk with a LOT of desk space.