add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Unless I'm misunderstanding that article and some forums that I've read, I was under the impression that they achieved 4.6 on all cores.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

From a forum: "Average OC for these CPUs look like: 4.2GHz 1.15-1.25V 4.4GHz 1.25-1.35V 4.5GHz 1.3-1.4V

There are better and worse chips but that's what I've noticed so far."

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/751194-5820k-Not-overclocking-very-well-(

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

4.6 on all cores ON 22NM, that may be sketchy if they are using air cooling. By the way, you were doing the OC at 1.23 V if I'm not mistaken, at 6 cores. In that case, I find it very intriguing that someone could pull 4.2 ghz, on 6 cores, on a 22 nm CPU. In 14 nm CPUs, I would find it more believable. (obviously because the 6700k is already at 4 ghz)It isn't 6 cores, but it can reach 4.0 at 4 cores.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't quite follow why its "intriguing" since the 5820k seems to OC higher than 4.2 and be stable. All I know is mine is clocked as described and seems the preform perfectly :)

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

It is 22 nm, that is the only thing that I found a little off, for a 6 core stable OC.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

haswell-e's are 22nm ...

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Um, yes. That was what I was saying.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh and as I stated, the auto tuning on my mobo sets it to 4.1 on all cores... so its not that much of a stretch to 4.2 lol

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube