add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

So the G3 is bad?

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

That’s the B3. The G3 is exceptional.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't see much difference

• 24 months ago
  • 0 points

No offense, but it’s because you have limited knowledge in the intricacies of a PSU. I definitely don’t know everything about them. But I know enough and I know to trust professional reviews.

The B3, if it had a good OPP, is a fantastic unit. But, because of its faulty OPP, it’s a fire hazard

The G3 is rated for gold efficiency and has better build quality and performance.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Actually no I do know about them but I know someone like EVGA wouldn't make a pipebomb...

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Not intentionally, and it’s not EVGA’s mistake. SuperFlower is the OEM, so the mistake is theirs.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

And I see you use a corsair cxm which is definitely no where near the B3

• 24 months ago
  • 0 points

The CXM is the best sub 60$ you can get. The B3 has faulty OPP protections. CXM has all those protections.

“In the end, it may not matter because the 450 B3 has other, more serious problems. It looks like Super Flower made a huge mistake in its design, which poses a major safety risk. We noticed that the over-power protection triggering point is set way too high. Even under normal operating temperatures, one of the primary FETs in our store-bought sample, along with some other components, blew up. Either SF should set its OPP point much lower or use components able to handle higher amperage. We were also disturbed by the fact that, after the primary side shorted out, the PSU's fuse didn't blow. Every time we applied power, we saw sparks. Obviously, that's a fire hazard.”

Source: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/evga-450-b3-psu,5160-11.html

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

I bought the evga 650GQ on release for $62, not under $60 but much better than that thing. Also, that isn't true anyways lol

• 24 months ago
  • 0 points

I’ve provided proof that it’s a fire hazard and you’ve provided nothing.

Your saying doesn’t and won’t change fact. And how do you know the GQ performs better?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube