add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 27 months ago
  • 0 points

I’ve provided proof that it’s a fire hazard and you’ve provided nothing.

Your saying doesn’t and won’t change fact. And how do you know the GQ performs better?

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes go look at one of your reviews and you will see where the GQ is at (miles ahead of your CXM). See the problem I have is that you think that EVGA will never try to fix whatever this problem is and it will be like that forever. I'm pretty sure they would notice it and fix it anyways, not that I have ever heard anyone having a problem with it in the first place so I'm pretty sure you're blowing up a rare case and making it sound like every single one will explode, not even under heavy load.

• 27 months ago
  • 0 points

EVGA will never try to fix whatever this problem...

It's not EVGA's problem, it's SuperFlower's.

Yes go look at one of your reviews and you will see where the GQ

GQ's ripple is 30mv, which is average. Excellent voltage regulation. The GQ isn't a bad unit, just a bad value unit. You get one of these for around 70$ nowadays, and you could get a G2 or G3 for a similar cost and have it perform exceptionally better. The CXM 2015 revision is usually under 55$. Find a modern PSU that's better. You won't.

I'm pretty sure you're blowing up a rare case and making it sound like every single one will explode, not even under heavy load.

Doesn't matter. The risk is still there. Why risk on having a power supply blowing up on you when you can buy another that's perfectly safe?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube