add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

i was looking at this PSU myself, purely because it is 10mm shorter than most other ATX PSU's, and will not foul the side panel catch on my optiplex 9010 MT (i7 3770, 16Gb 1600MHz RAM ASUS GTX 1050 ti expedition, samsung 850 pro 128 Gb) can any of you lovely helpful people suggest an alternative?

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

think with all of that in there the rig should be using 275W, dell psu rated 305w i think, and apparently they were realistic on the draw for the mini tower psu's

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Could you clarify on what dimensions you need the power supply to be? The closest few that I know are also small in size would be Corsair's CXM 450w 80+ Bronze, EVGA's 430w 80+, or Seasonic's S12II 430W 80+ Bronze. The CXM 450w is a semi-modular, but EVGA's 430w 80+ and Seasonic's S12II 430w are no-modular. Though keep in mind Seasonic's S12II has only one bulky cable which is the 24-pin and the rest of the cables are flat (including the ATX 8-pin is flat as well).

Those are some of my suggestions for small size and good PSUs to purchase with a tight budget.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry, I forgot to mention this too.. You could also purchase Corsair's CX450w (2017) a no-modular which is also small and something more recently made. Keep in mind it only has one 6+2 PCIE connector. While their CX550 (2017) has two 6+2 PCIE connectors.

Either one is an option unless you don't want no-modulars then one of Corsair's CX450M or CX550M semi-modular should work too. Unless they don't meet the dimensions.

• 24 months ago
  • 2 points

dimensionally the evga b3 is 150mm deep from what i can find, and the dell psu i'm replacing is around the same i'm not hugely concerned about budget as long as i can find one to fit, and would pay a few quid extra for flat/modular cabling to make life easier. This is where the ATX/PS2 standard becomes annoying, as long as it conforms retailers won't take the time to list dims! Thanks so much for your help.

• 24 months ago
  • 2 points

The Seasonic looks like a winner, i've just found the specs on it, its actually shorter again than the EVGA B3, so happy days! Thank you Eltech!

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Awesome! I'm glad to know you found its dimensions statisfactory and you're most welcome davy. I'm happy to help in anyway that I can.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Aha, gotcha. Thanks for the clarifications and no worries.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube