• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Comments (Continued)

asone_ submitter 7 Builds 2 points 15 months ago

Correct! The common ground for retail 8600ks seem to be right around the 5.0GHz mark. And thanks!

SubNauticaWaterWorld47 1 point 15 months ago

5.4Ghz is amazing. What voltage does it require to hit 5.0GHz? Also could you clarify the voltage used to hit 5.4GHz? In your video you say 1.45 volts but the description of this build states 1.36 volts.

DrKarak 1 point 15 months ago

There is a german hardware seller called "Caseking", they sell pretested and delidded cpus, that can be overclocked easily. For example an selected i7-8700k that can be overclocked to 5.2Ghz stable. But they are often pretty expensive and can cost between 300-900€. Here is their website if you are intersted, they ship to the US aswell. https://www.caseking.de/en/pc-components/cpus-processors (please excuse my english, im not a native speaker)

asone_ submitter 7 Builds 1 point 14 months ago

Thank you and yes, the description was a typo. I've done so much OC-ing across different processors, it's hard to keep track. This one was 5.4GHz @ 1.45V.

SubNauticaWaterWorld47 1 point 14 months ago

That's impressive to say the least. Does anyone know how high of a bin this would be? Like top 1%?

TruVueTech 3 Builds 1 point 14 months ago

it was an engineering sample, meaning it was purpose manufactured by intel to push the limits of the 14nm++ architecture. if you would like odds, i would venture a guess into the one in 500,000 or 1,000,000 realm as they are intentionally built and are of a rare breed in the consumer runs from intel. I have yet to get a good board to overclock my 8600k on, cause i've got other concerns, like a bigger desk and art supplies, but i will look into how my chip handles overclocking when i get to my next batch of upgrades For my PC.

[comment deleted by staff]