add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

I did, it held 5.0ghz completely stable. 4.3ghz with turbo on, so I gave it a little more juice. V-core 1.22. Lower temps, no throttling, and it beasts 4k gaming without bottleneck. The awesome thing about the 8600k is it has 6 cores and six threads and a perfectly balanced performance to power ratio, there are no extra threads to impede on the L2 and L3 cache so it keeps giving more performance as you give it voltage. Unlike the i7 which starts to loose the higher the clock and voltage. The L2 and L3 have extra threads to run per core so it does loose performance in higher clocks and just gains heat. 4.6-4.8ghz on the i5 8600k adds so much processing power without needing much more v-vore or giving off heat. So its really just that kinda sweet spot I found.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

And that makes so much sense! In fact I read an article on Tom's Hardware in which they compared all the corrent generation CPU offerings from both the brands and found out that the 8600K (overclocked) performed better than anything else, so like Linus always says and common sense dictates, you don't need top of the line processing power, the x600K works better in favour of gamers. Anyhow, less pressurising the CPU id a great idea for the health of the chip in the long run.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Exactly, thats why I opted for the 8600k instead of the 8700k. 6 threads is more than enough, it stays cooler, and it pairs with a gtx 1080 ti perfectly. I saved $100 dollars on a processor this route because the i7 only gains about 5% performance but increases power consumption and heat. Be nice though to have $10000 to blow on an enthusiast build.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Ahahah if only my local nursery supplied the money tree. Not to be confused with the money plant often used for ornamental purposes.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Right. Lol.. I did go back and modify my old case and swapped everything into the old one. I gutted the new one and put it all in the old one. Made a window in the side panel too. I think it looks bad ***.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

You do get that badass is a cool thing, but "bad ***" refers to arse that's gone bad, more like *** with cancer, so definitely not good. The more you know. (:

And it surely must look great. Enjoy yourself!

Edit: Your word had a space between them, so it was two words. Upload new pics to your PC. Earn that nonexistent PCPartPicker karma.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube