add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Totally! I'm more than happy to!

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Awesome! Thank you so much! I just posted a forum as well so I'm just going to paste what I posted below so I don't have to type it up again.

My main concerns are getting the right motherboard that will allow me to actually use everything, and having a strong enough video card and cpu to run the programs I need. I am a rising animator and need a computer that will help me pursue my career.

Permalink: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fF7TP3

Basically what I want is a computer that is:

• Fast and efficient (Like everyone else wants)
  • Not too expensive (Budget around $2,000, but room for adjustment)
  • Would like ability to easily upgrade in future without having to switch out too many parts.
  • A nice clean, modern look.
  • My main use will be for using programs such as Cinema 4d to create 3 Dimensional renders. I would like a computer that can render things fast so I can preview them before the final render (render view). I heard GPU rendering is what I need so that is what I am going for. Again, I would like it to be fast and not too heavy on the system so my renders don't take as long and I can be more efficient.
  • Gaming would be a nice addition but I am assuming that will come as a bonus anyways with the parts I will need for rendering in 3d Software like X-Particles and Turbulence FD.
  • 17 months ago
  • 2 points

So there's a few things I would address. I think it would be worth it to get the i7-8700k (vs the i7-8700) the "k" means it runs a bit faster and it has overclocking abilities. It's not that big of a price difference and you may not even want to overclock, its still worth it.

No one needs a $75 CPU air cooler. If your not overclocking, a $30 air cooler will work just fine, personal favorite (based on looks and price) is the CRYORIG - C7( or the H7 whatever you like better). it looks nice and has low profile. But if you really wanna cool that CPU for that price you can look into water cooling. NZXT makes really pretty coolers that work well. I'm thinking of trying the new Corsair H60 in my new build. If you're going to spend $75 look into that. But dont waste your money on a $75 air cooler.

The you don't need a $230 motherboard. It's totally overkill you can get one that looks as good and preforms the same for a lot cheaper. I made this mistake on my first build too. The MSI H370 GAMING PRO CARBON is the board I would look into. for $120 you get some great features and it looks sweet, seriously look into it.

For RAM, 32GB is overkill as well. You probably won't ever use more than 16Gb, though I could be wrong. If you insist on 32 GB look into Corsair RAM. For one, its more visually pleasing and its a very reliable brand. When I've tried switching to other brands ( such as GSKILL) I've had some compatibility issues that have cause me hours of work. I probably just had bad luck but still, the Corsair RAM looks cooler.

YOU ARE SPENDING $2000 ON A PC AND DONT EVEN HAVE AN SSD OR M.2?!?! Sorry for yelling but seriously get your self a nice 500GB SSD or M.2. You really wont regret it. Then throw in a 2TB drive if you really need the storage. In this day and age you should be having an SSD for at least your OS.

the GTX 1080 is a good choice. but I dont know if Id go with the founders edition. They are said to have limited cooling abilities. I'm pretty anal about making my PCs pretty and matching up brands, though there's no reason you need to. The MSI DUKE GTX 1080 is the one I will be investing in shortly when I find the cash. Good price right now and looks cool. Look into it. Gigabyte is a good manufacture as well as EVGA. But maybe stay away from the "Stock version"

Your case is fine, just pick something in budget and that you think looks cool. Corsair (I keep throwing that name at you) makes some cool looking ones that I'd defiantly check out.

the PSU is beautiful. You don't need the "platinum" rating the "gold" is kinda standard but the wattage should be fine. Although it is a lot of money to spend on a PSU. Your call though.

What are you looking for in a monitor? Because building this computer and getting a 1080p monitor is almost a shame. You can do some beautiful stuff with 4k if you build this bad boy.

Sorry if im critiquing you hard I just want to help you and give you my personal opinion. Consider it but if you don't feel its right then ignore it. Ill put together what I would build for $2k and show you just to get an idea. Hope this helped!!

• 17 months ago
  • 2 points

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gDtKcY

PS. This includes windows 10 because its something you have to be aware of in price.

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Also, if you want to change your budget to something cheaper its its totally doable to get the same specs for less. You'd just be sacrificing aesthetics at that point. Just let me know and hopefully we can get you what you want!!

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Dude you are the man! Don't worry about the heavy critique. I am a designer and love all the critique I can get! I absolutely love all your insight. I made some changes to the build I sent you earlier so I will probably send you the link to the new one here soon. I've been adjusting it based on yours and other's comments and its getting there. As for the monitor, I obviously want nice clean graphics that are high quality. I was looking into the 1440s but there weren't really any that I liked design wise (Maybe I need to keep digging). I will keep diving in and will send the updated version soon. Again, you rock dude. Thank you so much!

• 17 months ago
  • 2 points

Yeah for sure! Just send me what you’re thinking when you get a change and I’ll look it over!

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright so I'm at the point where I've seen a lot of different types of each part, so hopefully I took the suggestions the right way:

Link: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/MeltedSmore/saved/XKPxGX

For the CPU, I was also recommended to choose the AMD Ryzen 7 2700X. could you possibly explain the difference between the two. I read somewhere that the more cores the better for GPU rendering and this one had 8.

The Motherboard looks great, I am just a bit confused as to why it says there are compatibility issues.

Should be good on memory and storage I think. (I prefer the higher RAM)

What do you think about the Graphics card? It says it is a different chipset than the motherboard. Doesn't this create problems? Is it still compatible?

I like this case as opposed to the other. Do you think everything will fit? It seems as if this case is user friendly and I like the sleek design.

I think the Power Supply is what you recommended if I'm not mistaken. I moved it down to Gold+

Finally, I heard Optical Drive might not be necessary and that I should look for an external drive. Have any suggestions along with monitors?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube