add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 19 months ago
  • 2 points

If I had the same cpu, I would let run blender bench myself for some results :S

Cinebench ... Maybe I have saved my results with my 1080. I let you know.

Does your gamelibrary contains Doom 2016? It can be run on either OpenGL or the Vulcan engine. OpenGL put my 980Ti and 1080 a bit down on at least one knee, as far I remember. Vulcan was running in comparison.

• 19 months ago
  • 2 points

from what i can tell blender has a mode to test gpu only, cause when i ran selected the 1080 and ran it, the 1080 was at 100% use and the cpu was around 10%. i don't have doom but i do have a lesser known game called beam.ng that uses opengl. it is a soft body physics based game and stays around 80- 90 fps on my rig. seems to run fine in opengl games.

I look at your build (looks awesome btw) and saw your scores on heaven 4.0 extreme. i ran the benchmark and got:

Unigine Heaven Benchmark 4.0 FPS: 84.5 Score: 2128 Min FPS: 23.6 Max FPS: 189.9

My 1080 seems to performing fine, if not above average in traditional games, yet i still can't figure out that opengl bug. I opened a sketchup project in google, because it uses opengl, and it was also performing horribly, stutters all over the place and 5-10 fps. in task manager it says it is using barely any cpu and 5% gpu. My guess is opengl is not utilizing the gpu right? in cinebench the gpu never goes over 15-20%, it seems like could be getting a hugly higher fps if it used all the available resources. totally whack bug, never heard of anything like this before, lol

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

"totally whack bug" hahahaha Proper description. :$ I haven't encountered something like this before... Had some blackscreens and bluescreen because an audio driver...sorta same sh!t.

Good to know that there is a the selective test of blender. Thanks!

Your gpu really seems to run fine, besides OpenGL. I know BeamNG, but totally forget about it using OpenGL ^'

Higher scores are possible, like you said. The hardware isn't used as much as it could be.

Did you reinstalled the gpu drivers? Via DDU? Or tested older drivers?

Thanks for the comment about my build! Updates version incoming, but some benching is still needed.

Your Heaven score is good. Better than the old Intel because it held back my 1080 a bit. So. Your score is fine.

Mhhhhh

• 19 months ago
  • 2 points

ok, well thanks for the help! i honestly don't even care about the bug to much as long as it isn't impacting my gaming performance, i don't do anything workstation related that opengl performance is absolutely critical. sometimes you just have to ignore a problem for it to go away. :)

Audio driver are complete crap. I can't get audio to work on any other account but the one the driver was installed on. no one else uses the computer so who gives a damn.

I'll make sure to check out the updates on your build when u post them!

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

Anytime!

Sometimes the ignoring... I have to agree xD ^'

What?! I hadn't any other audio errors on this level ... besides my bsod.

Thanks for further checking out! I might need to swap out my old ssd, since I am having storage erros since last week...My reliabilitymonitor has never been so low... A little delay is inbound.

• 18 months ago
  • 2 points

ok, cool i'll keep an eye out for it then!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube