add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 82 months ago
  • 0 points

Well that idle thing was the first card. Gigabyte replaced it with the only thing that they have available to them "Refurbished" card. They do not replace cards with new cards - but I knew this about most manufacturers. The card they sent me to replace my card right out of the box displayed artifacts and crashed. They had sent me this card via advanced RMA so I sent in not only my original card but also was asked to return their defective replacement, which they claimed repeatedly that they tested it before sending me. The 3rd card, second replacement now, would only last max 15 minutes in any game and then start displaying choppy graphics and finally crash. I worked with tech support for months and a flaw in their testing is that they only run benchmarks which are usually a lot shorter than any gamer ever spends in a game. So they may be looking into changing their testing policy. In the end they gave me a full refund on my purchase.
Though now you've mentioned the ASUS DCII card.. I had similar issues with another builder and he ended up switching to the card I have in my system now. There seems to be a known issue with boost and non reference cards. Though the issues that ASUS was having with their cards is that the factory was sending them out with unstable clock speeds so they wouldn't even work out of the box. I think that has been resolved now but no telling until you get the card and test it.

If you haven't seen my benchmark results I have posted on my facebook page for the current card in my system, I'd suggest going to take a look.

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

I saw one of the benchmarks in the build picture =D Pretty good for a single card. But yeah, it sounds like Gigabyte has terrible customer service, I'm glad I didn't chose to deal with them for something as minor as coil whine. But yeah, I meant I would shoot for the DCII if I were to get another radeon card, if it were a Nvidia card, then I would get an EVGA signature 2 like you seem to recommend. However, I really like the DCII's aesthetics XD. But I'm gonna go check out your other benchmarks now, see how well that single 670 at 1300+ Mhz handles them.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube