• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Comments (Continued)

AceBalthazar 3 Builds 1 point 52 months ago

you are quite welcome. how's the sound card? I'm gonna get one later on and am looking for the best one there is, whether it's a card or external DAC

NikkiKatz submitter 1 Build 2 points 52 months ago

Sound card are pretty much useless for casual listener + bad speaker but the Xonar STX make quite a difference actually. I'm loving the sound card<3 10/10 recommend if you have the extra cash but the onboard soundcard is pretty good too.

AceBalthazar 3 Builds 1 point 52 months ago

alright because i am not the casual listener nor do i have bad speakers

Euphemia 1 point 52 months ago

How well does the STX power higher end 'phones like the HE-500?

NikkiKatz submitter 1 Build 1 point 52 months ago

Holy crap, that's a nice headphone. With the STX you can listen up to 192KHz rate. I noticed the differences between on-board sound card and STX. I am not a hardcore Audiophile so take my answer with a grain of rice xD. But I really love it, totally worth the money.

Euphemia 1 point 52 months ago

Congratulations, you have the most upvoted build on here that has an STX. Just noticed that.

Edit: Forgot to mention, but what's the ideal orientation for the sound card? I just grabbed one, but I'm not sure if it'd make a difference to put the card above or below the GPU.

NikkiKatz submitter 1 Build 1 point 52 months ago

Is you GPU air cooling? As far as the temperature goes it doesn't matter much. I heard a rumor that if you put the sound card above GPU there might be interference. But do what you think looks good. STX sounds card make a huge difference.