• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Comments (Continued)

Edens_Remorse -2 points 47 months ago

If pre-2015 dx9/10/11 games are your thing I'd say go for it - spend your money on an i3. If on the other hand you enjoy playing games from this year and would like to play games that come out next year how about you spend less money and purchase better parts that can actually play the games - ALL of them, lol.

fsxfan 1 point 47 months ago

An i3 is a terrific processor, if you can't spend on an i3, spend on an Athlon or fx 4-6 core or even a pentium G3258! Games are going gpu intensive so I suggest you wake up to that fact. If you are a devloper, of course you will need an i7, FX 8 core or Xeon processor. I'm that kind of guy (and pc master race guy).

Edens_Remorse 0 points 47 months ago

I have literally repeated myself saying dx12 will eliminate CPU bottlenecks for quad+cores. Do you understand that means I completely agree that games are going to be GPU intensive/bound? I don't understand how you are missing that. None of that changes the fact that a two threaded pc will no longer be wholly relevant for gaming - it has already proven to be insufficient.

fsxfan 1 point 47 months ago

Bruh, an i3 IS QUAD CORE, thanks to hyper-threading. 2 Physical and 2 logical. That's why I see 4 thingamobobs on my task manager and whatever that other manager is called!