add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Welcome to the PCPartPicker forums!

philip

83 months ago

Hello everyone,

It's been a long time coming, but forums are now available on PCPartPicker. You'll notice the format and markup are the same as the comments elsewhere on the site. I've made a few improvements to the markup, like automatically linking urls that aren't decorated with markup, as well as a few stylistic tweaks to hopefully make comments more readable.

The structure and organization of the forums are very flexible, and I will adapt them based on demand. If it looks like there's a huge amount of discussion around 5.25" bay toaster ovens, I'll be happy to discuss adding a forum for those.

Cheers!

Philip (the owner)

Comments

• 83 months ago
  • 8 points

Just wanted to say thank you, Philip. I've recently built my computer and I don't think I could have done it without PcPartPicker. I'll make sure to recommend it to whoever is building a PC! The forum are a really good idea, I hope it becomes a wealthy source of information.

Thanks for your hardwork!

• 83 months ago
  • 3 points

Thanks for the kind words! Glad you find this site useful!

[comment deleted]
  • 83 months ago
  • 4 points

sticky this?

• 83 months ago
  • 3 points

Hahaha, I will. Have to implement stickies first. :)

• 83 months ago
  • 3 points

this gunna be gud

• 83 months ago
  • 3 points

Thanks for this site awesome,awesome, cant thank you enough on my way to my first build and this is a treasure. I'll be sure to tell friends,and the video builds again awesome job...thank you all.

• 83 months ago
  • 2 points

Nice. Love this site. Helps me so much to show my friends what I mean when I recommend stuff to them. n.n

Keep up the good work!

• 83 months ago
  • 2 points

Great addition, thank you. This will help a lot of people and save them time from looking for answers elsewhere as more questions are asked and answered right here.

• 83 months ago
  • 2 points

i dont want to start a new thread for something small, but a suggestion for the forums is a view counter. thanks :D

• 83 months ago
  • 2 points

Perfect timing - I just put in code to do that today! I hope to have it live very soon, and "topic viewed" indication soon after.

• 83 months ago
  • 2 points

Awesome!

• 83 months ago
  • 2 points

its like super window shopping for computer geeks.. ive spent hours on this site just mixing matching and dreaming stuff up

• 83 months ago
  • 2 points

I was just wondering, where do all the ratings on each part come from? Thanks!

• 83 months ago
  • 2 points

I'd think the other users here.

• 83 months ago
  • 2 points

but that means over 1000 people have rated some stuff?

• 83 months ago
  • 2 points

It is aggregated from a combination of sources, including user ratings from completed builds here on the site.

• 82 months ago
  • 2 points

Phillip. I found your site a couple days ago after googling "part picker". Awesome site, incredibly useful, versatile, and a rig builder's best friend. I will be using your site often.

Thank you for doing this, I hope the site stays around for a long time.

• 82 months ago
  • 2 points

Do you ever plan to release a blog post on a road map of things you plan to incorporate in this site, or do you like to keep us in anticipation of what is to come? Thanks!

• 82 months ago
  • 3 points

I prefer to keep most of it a surprise. :)

• 75 months ago
  • 2 points

Philip,

Thanks for your help and advice... I am building my first PC, after pulling apart machines and adding cards and memory since my first 286. It's time.

• 74 months ago
  • 2 points

So awesome!

• 70 months ago
  • 2 points

Great site! a friend told me about it and it's just what i needed!

the only improvement i would suggest after spending building a computer is bigger pictures! other than that i love it!

• 69 months ago
  • 2 points

Hey philip,

I am sure you have heard this already, but thanks so much for the site. I love the fact that it has compatibility filters

it really helps me out so much considering i run a little charity building custom computers for others and donating the proceeds to a food service charity.

it feeds the tech geek in me,letting me handle cool new stuff, and it also feeds the homeless in my city. win-win!

• 55 months ago
  • 2 points

There are forums??? WTF! Philip! They need to be displayed much better.

• 53 months ago
  • 2 points

Hey Phillip, may please add a search feature to forums. Thanks for your hard work.

• 53 months ago
  • 4 points

First of all, you revived a pretty old thread.
Second, this should go in Site Feedback & Feature Requests.
Third, this has been requested many times and the staff said they're workin' on it.

• 53 months ago
  • 2 points

Seconded, just started using the forums and the general "Search for previous similar posts before asking a question" rule is much harder to follow without a topic search.

• 53 months ago
  • 2 points

Really enjoyed using the website to list my ideas for builds. Just a quick question:

Newegg is now in the U.K. and much cheaper than most of the sources you use, why is it not listed as as a seller?

Thanks for the hard work on PcPartPicker.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube