add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Actual serious female anime characters

Xorex64

47 months ago

Heres a subject i wanna talk about......

These days, most female characters are either over-sexualized, or "moe" characters. There voices are so annoying, almost every female charaters voice i hear sounds like its from a hentai. Take a look at "love live: show halation" or most hinata scenes from naruto and naruto:shipuudenn if you need an example. This is the reason why i watch anime alone.

But there are some female anime charates with personalities, and voices that you can actually take seriously, like kunieda (beelzebub) and C.C (code geass and code geass: R2) (official english dub voice, idk about the original japanese one)

What are your thoughts on the topic? Leave them in the comments section. If you arnt comfortable sharing you opinion, then don't comment, amd then feel comfortable as no one will know your opinion.

The anime-haters arnt gonna be happy about this harharhar......

Comments

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

These painfully cliche female character tropes are one of the biggest reasons I'm very selective about what anime I watch. They are stupidly annoying and at this point, show a complete lack of originality or creativity regarding characters.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Ikr

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Kunieda from beelzebub was pretty good. She was an independant leader, she was strong, and was (probably) smart. She had a voice that doesnt sound like a sample ripped from a hentai. Until she met oga, then everything changed.........

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Asuna in SAO was alright until the second half of season one hit... She had a little development in season 2 but she was hardly even in that. Speaking of SAO, Sinon from SAO II is easily the best character in the franchise.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

I quit season 2, and watched only half of season one.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

A lot of people did.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

:0 watch the rest of season 1 then stop watching it its worth it

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Clannad??? Havn't watched it in a while but feel like its resonable....

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

And also the detective shunk into kid mirror thing? forgot about that.... (BTW havent watched anime in a long time since my mom sorta quit because of wht you said.) :/

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

detective shrunk onto kid

You mean "detective conan"?

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah, but i guess the female character were sorta minor in that one compared to others. :/

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Everyone that wasn't Conan was pretty much a minor character unless the episode(s) focused on them. Least, that's how it seemed after several hundred episodes...

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

:D now that you said that...

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Gasai yuno.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

I think fey from cowboy bebop was pretty serious, i mean really how often did she make jokes?

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Jeez guys this thread needs a grave

• 47 months ago
  • -1 points

And tadokoro from food wars.

And any charater named "Megumi"

[comment deleted]
  • 47 months ago
  • 1 point

i just wanted to say hi

Why hello there, how ya doin?

[comment deleted]
  • 47 months ago
  • 1 point

:)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube