add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What is a vac ban?

0BSiD1AN

41 months ago

Im not really into the pc gaming scene, i really only play multiplayer games on console, so what the hell is a vac ban? I hear about them all the time but i dont know what it is. Can someone explain?

Comments

• 41 months ago
  • 3 points

You just got busted!!!!

[comment deleted]
  • 41 months ago
  • 2 points

To go on with 190n, VAC will scan for modified DLL's of the game's files. If it finds modifications and uses a same code as a cheat it knows, it issues a VAC ban on your account. (I'm pretty sure that it does this.) The thing is, you don't know when you're getting banned, it could be 2 hours from now, it could be a day later or it could be immediate.

You can get a VAC ban lifted, but it happens only rarely and unless it happened by accident, your account is f'd. (The VAC ban on the profile still stays there sometimes for some reason.)

When you get VAC banned, you can't play on VAC secured servers of the same game engine essentially.

You can read more about VAC here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7849-Radz-6869

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I wish I could go to the link but i'm at school and its blocked :( Thanks for the info though!

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah I see.

It's also blocked at mine, so I'm on the same page here. I just know that this link is the right one... Hopefully.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Sometimes typing https:// at the front of blocked URL's at school do the trick. My friend taught me this: hope it helps! :)

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I wish that worked with Steam and a bunch of other sites. Unfortunately PCPP is one of the only ones that works for me. (If my school's proxy blocks a specific URL, then I won't be able to access it unless I use an unblocked proxy server. In PCPP's case, I can't access some URLs because they have keywords in the URL or content that adds up to the webpage "score" which https:// takes away from it. (The "score" is basically a number generated from the content within the webpage in which if the page has a number greater than the proxy's limit, it will block the webpage from being seen.))

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Well that just sucks.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

does yer school block on local or chrome extentions?

if not, use chrome and CWS to get KroTor and SwitchyOmega

activate KroTor and Set SwitchyOmega to KroTor's SOCK5 adress

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I can't do any of that because of ChromeOS. I can only download a selected whitelisted extensions and I'm pretty sure 99% that I can't unpack extensions.

There is dev mode that I can activate, but I don't plan on getting into any trouble. (School Chromebook)

Now there are Windows 7 machines in the library, but I rarely use them, so I don't really care.

[comment deleted]
  • 41 months ago
  • 1 point

VAC = Valve Anti-Cheat. Some multiplayer games have it; if it thinks you're cheating, you get a ban.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks!

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube