add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

And the winners of the MSI Build Your Dream PC contest are...

philip

45 months ago

Random Selection Winner:

Wheezy2Ez - The 4K Dream

Top Voted Winner:

Jipster69 - Jipster Edition =P Mini ITX! ~ GTX980 Ti! ~ i7-6700K!

A big congratulations to our winners, and a HUGE thanks go out to MSI for sponsoring the contest!

For everyone claiming that Jipster69's build used a motherboard violating the rules - MSI confirmed that that motherboard was acceptable in a comment on the blog post announcing the contest. Here's a screenshot for easy access:

http://i.imgur.com/VyjCmcy.png

And of course the comment link (though direct links to deeply nested comments is currently broken - going to fix that very soon...)

http://pcpartpicker.com/blog/92/msi-build-your-dream-pc-guide#cx1366786 (or you can just look at souleet's comments to find it too.)

Comments

• 45 months ago
  • 9 points

I'll be writing up what we saw on the voting side of things later this week. We vetted the top 10 guides thoroughly, and not all survived scrutiny. Jipster's guide however did, and he came out on top. I want this moment however to be about congratulating our winners!

• 45 months ago
  • 0 points

I'm curious about this. I assume that if you did not know that others were cheating you votes then it's legit? I can understand that. It's not your fault they did that.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Like I mentioned, we'll discuss the voting in a later post. It'll be quite obvious the differences between legitimate and not legitimate entries.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

I dont care really. I just assumed that if someone has an entry and they unknowingly have people helping them in a less than ideal way, it is not against the rules because they didn't ask anyone to do anything for them. That's all.

• 45 months ago
  • 2 points

Some people were banned, some people just lost votes. We'll discuss it in another post. Like I mentioned before:

I want this moment however to be about congratulating our winners!

If you have concerns about the voting, we can address it in the later post.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 45 months ago
  • 8 points

I imagine you sitting in an office chair glowing and undulating in excitement while your coworkers wonder what's wrong with you.

• 45 months ago
  • 3 points

Thoroughly deserved, you put effort and time into this website, making the community laugh and bow at your feet, and now your reward has come. Enjoy it, haha.

I wish I was you lol :/

Also, what is to become of Boreas?

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Why don't you give it away, hmm? ;) Or, you could sell it to pay for extra luxuries you couldn't keep in the $2000 budget.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

congrats Jip!!!!!!!

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

you better post the most epic completed build ever submitted!

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Congrats! Glad you were able to get this build!

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Congrats Jipster, it was a well deserved victory.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Nice job jipster, now go sell your old machine for that 1440p 144hz gsync monitor ;)

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

pending

8 days ago

[comment deleted]
  • 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Tell your wife that GREAT things come from this site! ha!

I know the feeling though. Take care of your business. Congrats man!

[comment deleted]
  • 45 months ago
  • 2 points

About time.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

We committed to having the winner posted a week after the contest ended, which is today.

• 45 months ago
  • 2 points

That comment was nothing against you all. Just glad this **** show is finally over and done with. Wrecked the community pretty badly.

• 45 months ago
  • 2 points

Sorry you felt that way. Others felt differently. What caused discord was the constant whining by a small subset of the community. But again, lets let this be about the winners.

• 45 months ago
  • 2 points

Yeah I agree that was the issue. Well that and the poorly handled contest (by msi, not you all). We will end this here and leave this thread for its intended purpose.

[comment deleted]
  • 45 months ago
  • 2 points

WOOO! Well done guys! Although the random pick guy has a Hyper212 EVO... :/

:)

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Yay! Leftovers! :D

• 45 months ago
  • 2 points

Congrats Jipster!!! You contribute a lot to this site.

And thank you MSI and PCPartPicker

A special thanks to the moderators for trying to keep the contest fair

• 45 months ago
  • 8 points

And by the way, if you want to talk about logs, how about you creating alternate accounts to upvote yourself? "Fair" indeed. You disqualified yourself from the beginning.

http://i.imgur.com/s1IZwt4.png

Adios Amigo!

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Lolzies. See, totally hilarious.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Haha!! Fire backs like these make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Dyoku is my nephew.

So that's why his email is the same as your MSN account? Riiiight.

Oh and FWIW, we banned plenty of TOR cheaters. Not rocket science.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Here is the official list as provided to me by MSI, from the email they sent me:

http://i.imgur.com/idXUdgf.png

Mass delete of builds not justified? I've told everyone, since the contest was in progress, that I knew everything that was going on. Then I've posted, multiple times, that I'll do a writeup on the voting and what we saw.

• 45 months ago
  • 2 points

Can we have a gigabyte sweepstake now?

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Congratulations to the winners!

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Congratulations guys!! :D

Is there gonna be a party?

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

The random pick wasn't actually that bad. Except for the PSU and storage, otherwise, not bad.

• 45 months ago
  • 2 points

The psu is the biggest issue. He is going to be pushing that thing very hard if he overclocks everything.

• 45 months ago
  • 3 points

I'm worried. I wish we could contact msi and suggest to them that they ship out a better suited psu. It would suck to win this pc just to have it not be use able or not work, or not last long at all.

• 45 months ago
  • 2 points

The reason I disagree is because both the case and the psu in his build have hundreds of positive reviews and are listed at the top of the lists respectively. I don't think he knew what he was doing so much as just wanted to spend as little as possible on those components not knowing how important they are. I would wager that he builds the pc just as it is listed.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Please just let it go.

[comment deleted]
  • 45 months ago
  • 1 point

I may just seem jealous (which I am, very), but looking at the random pick, this guy's account looks like he's just made the account to enter the contest, (as if he's made several accounts similiarly) to boost his chances. His account was made 3 days after the contest was announced.

Then again it could be somebody who was told about the contest , and made an account, in which case there's nothing wrong.

Anybody see what I mean?

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Agreed. Many people did that :/

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, and that's perfectly reasonable. We expected to see new visitors to the site because of the contest.

• 45 months ago
  • 2 points

If he doesnt reply do u guys draw a new winner or..?

• 45 months ago
  • 3 points

Yes. We would randomly pick a new winner.

• 45 months ago
  • 2 points

Alright, well thanx philip and MSI for a great opportunity! Had fun making the guide anyway! And GZ to the winners!

• 45 months ago
  • 2 points

good point, I'd like to know how that would work

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Point taken.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

We had several new account creations because of the contest. Many people found out about PCPartPicker for the first time because of the contest - which is one of the reasons we were ok with running it.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

But what if they joined the site just to enter the contest? A lot of people probably entered it in the chance of winning $2000, and then to just forget about the site, what do you think about that?

• 45 months ago
  • 2 points

We know for certain that new users joined the site, and will remain, due to the contest.

Whether they were the second user to create an account on this site, or whether they were the last, it doesn't matter. Whether they visit every day, or whether they only come once, it doesn't matter. It was a random selection. Everyone wants to say this wasn't fair or that wasn't fair - everyone seems to want to apply their own criteria to how the selection should have been, but in the end it ends up favoring some people over others. That's not how we ran it. Everyone had an equal chance to win.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Fair enough, I rest my case. Thanks for the contest!

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

I had told people over at LinusTechTips about the contest. I don't think this guy is from there, but I'm sure others told other people about the contest as well.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

This was really great fun. Thanks to PCPP and MSI for organising this. There should be more things like this in the future, not on this scale as such, but things like part giveaways, maybe coupons or gift cards. 'twould probably bring out the ugly side of the community again. Forget anything I said. kek

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Congrats winners.

Wheezy scored a pair of 980Ti's very nice.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

gg no re. Unless I win next time :)

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

This may be a weird question, but what if for some reason someone wouldn't respond to your messages telling him they won? Would you guys just go onto the next person in line and give the prize to them?

Congratulations to the winners!

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Big congratulations to Jipster!! And site admins for all the hours they put in! Vacation time boys! ;)

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Congrats to Jipster and Wheezy! You devilishly lucky ********!

Thanks to PPCP team and MSI for putting it on - you guys earned your beers on this one. Top notch :)

Oh, and no matter the buthurt from some, this was still a cool concept for advertising and there are people here who totally appreciate the effort. Thank you.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

What happens if the random winner doesn't claim their prize? He has no comments and the build guide is the only thing he's done on the account so it's likely he might not even find out he won.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

A new winner would randomly be chosen, if he did not get back to them, as told by philip.

If he doesnt reply do u guys draw a new winner or..?

Yes. We would randomly pick a new winner.

Though, pcpp would probably contact through email, so he probably did get it.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Congrats to jipster69 and Wheezy2Ez, and thank you to MSI and PCPP for hosting this competition. I must admit that I've mostly been lurking around here before the competition and I only noticed it after more than a week when it was announced. I figured I might as well join so here I am to stay!

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Congrats to the 2 winners!

Does mom or dad need to sign off for the winners LOLOL

Anyone winning something like this should be really excited and probably can not keep it to themselves. Enjoy your dream machine!!

Please give us updates in building your dream machine's..

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Probably swapped the psus on purpose. Lol. Hoping you all wouldn't notice. The cx would run your pc fine but they knew it would struggle and cause issues they would have to help fix in the other guys pc.

End conspiracy.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

YEah unfortunately it does. Which is why people THINK it can run things like this when it cannot.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 45 months ago
  • 1 point

This was better chance for the random than the lottery. I know what it's like to win and I'm glad others get the chance to feel that. I get the idea the it's okay not to win.

• 45 months ago
  • 0 points

yes, but don't forget he only has a hyper 212 evo, a 120gb ssd and a (very controversial choice) a cx750.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

So? That's what he wanted. No reason to judge him on his choices.. especially when it doesn't change a thing.

And a hyper 212 is a solid cooler. Not everyone overclocks their CPU. Also I really wouldn't be surprised if he has other hard drives. He probably went with the 120GB to save money for those sweet 980TI's. :D

I'm really happy for him! I hope he posts the build so we can get some pics. :D

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Also I really wouldn't be surprised if he has other hard drives.

Good point, didn't think about that.

So? That's what he wanted. No reason to judge him on his choices.. especially when it doesn't change a thing.

I'm not judging him as such, I'm just pointing out places where he could have improved. But now that you mention where he could have had extras, I rest my case.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube