add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

This is Ludicrous: InWin Motorized Transformer H-Tower Case

ewhac
  • 48 months ago

During a brief lull in the afternoon, I was poking around NewEgg, and saw an Intel-sponsored contest whose winner would get to visit NewEgg's offices and build their own custom system. Except that all the parts have already been picked out for you. Among the pre-selected parts was this:

http://www.inwin-style.com/en/gaming-chassis/H-Tower

...What is this, I don't even...

The case alone retails for more than the grand prize in MSI's contest here last month. The videos I've seen so far suggest that it doesn't really move all that smoothly, and is of no value at keeping dust or foreign objects out of the innards (which is, y'know, kind of the point of a case). It also apparently weighs 55 lbs empty, beating out the ponderous Cooler Master Cosmos II. Also: If you have a water-cooled rig, is it considered wise to flip the rig on its side while the thing is running?

I mean, I like the idea of the case -- like in sci-fi movies where everything's motorized and unfurls itself from its wall sconce -- but this particular incarnation looks like a middling first draft.

Comments

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes sir, In Wins signature cases go for quiet a bit compared to the norm. Though this one is the most expensive by far.

As long as you do not let the pump dry they it should be fine on the side, or rather slant, provided everything is sealed well. There is one in the build on the site already: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sg6XsY Pretty neat :)

Most of these cases of theirs in that range place functionality second including things like dust protection and what not.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

That is a pretty sweet case though. I won't ever be able to buy one, but it has aesthetic appeal for sure. Probably only aesthetic appeal, but appeal none the less. It is definitely a status item, no doubt. The best way to establish one's dominance is to have a case which costs more than a typical rig.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

This case weighs 54 pounds or roughly as much as my 10 year old Yamaha receiver. That's HEAVY. I can't imagine trying to move it with 4 Titans and a 5960X, all watercooled by like 720mm of radiators.

its not very light on the eyes either;)

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

It can only support a 360 mm rad so the 720 would not fit :D

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

now it's overpriced.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube