add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What Are Your Daily Driver Peripherals?

Vinyl_Scratch_
  • 50 months ago

Just a quick question to everyone here

Personally, I'm a little a Corsair fan, and I have a M65 RGB & a Corsair K70 RGB w/ Cherry Browns
I've tried other Cherry switches before, and I think personally the Browns are my favourite to spare my ears

You can find my personal review of Cherry & other switches here
And the review of my M65 & K70 from my experiences here

Comments

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

i have a Logitech G502 for a mouse, very solid device, i love it

a crappy keyboard I've had for years

and a dirty old cloth-top 1/4 inch thick mouse pad that needs a washing

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Mech KBs are so much fun, and peripherals maketh the computer.

I find that the cherry blues can be bearable once the speed picks up, and you are not bottoming out on every keypress. Still prefer ALPS switches for feel ... but its hard to say why. They are not quite as accessible as the cherrys.

Best keyboard I ever had was an SGI granite that came with an old SGI Octane, and I used it with no probs on my PCs. Just a lovely thing to use.

Currently using a Deck TKL keyboard, no LED sillyness, custom doubleshot keycaps (to make it look like an SGI granite), and a ducky keyrest (black leather with red stitching). Its a great combo, and worth every cent. The Deck keyboards are a solid bargain, and the Ducky keyrest feels very ... old school air cooled Porsche. Love it.

Keyboard running a modified Dvorak layout (programmer Dvorak with some mods to make editing some computer code a bit quicker). Converting to Dvorak is a pain ... it took over 4 months of typing like a 2 year old before getting back up to speed. Big payoff at the end, its much much much better than Qwerty.

Tempted to splash and get a Topre keyboard, just because. The fact that it costs even more than most video cards is too intriguing not to try it.

Mouse and friends ... Super highly recommend the Steelseries Sensei Raw with the rubber coating. The texture is indescribable. Ditto with the Steelseries super large XXXL desktop mousepad. Not cheap, but I will ... never ever ever ever ever ... use any other type of mousepad ever again.

For sound, really surprised by the AudioEngine A2+ speakers. Life is too short for trying to squeeze good music through rubbish speakers !!! The AudioEngine stuff is not cheap, but its worth going without food and entertainment for a couple of weeks to finance the upgrade.

Image acquisition - Leica DLux compact. Cheap and nasty panasonic backend, but with a best in class Summilux f/1.4 lens, its more than good enough for getting images into the computer. Considering an upgrade to a Leica XVario, or an old M9 depending on funds. No rush though.

Other computer peripherals .... none. Dont have a phone, my watches are 100% mechanical pieces, and all my other cameras still take rolls of film.

On the subject of gaming, I have a lifetime love of big strategy games, but I still find computer games wholely unsatisfying. They still dont come close to matching good old analog wargaming with scenery, miniatures, printed charts, tape measures, and dice.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh my gosh I NEED to switch to DVORAK right now lol just read the benefits of switching.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

If you go with topre and you like cherry mx blue, get 55g topres.

I prefer heavier keys, and I like clears more than the 45 gram topre switches. 55g however ...<3

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm using an older Dell Keyboard and a Logitech M705 wireless mouse right now, but when I build my next systemI'm going to go with a Razer BlackWidow Keyboard and Razer DeathAdder Chroma Mouse, and aome form of drawing tablet, as I do mostly 3D imaging and modeling, rather than gaming with my system.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Some cheap targus rgb led black mouse

Apple earpods

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

lelelelelel cheap scrub

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Less than cheap, i got that crap for free

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

You got me there

• 50 months ago
  • 3 points

I could easily afford a K70 and G502 but nope. Im not spending a dime.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

If it ain't broke don't fix it

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

I use a K70 RGB (new model, love it as it feels so much better than the cheap blackwidows I've used), HyperX Cloud (works like a charm), and a G700s (that can't hold a charge anymore, have to replace the battery. Old now, but still works good).

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

It was around Christmas time and I didn't know much of keyboards or really what I wanted, other than "I want a new keyboard".

I have a basic blue LED keyboard (Japanese brand AULA). I also have a Dell keyboard with a card reader.

I love my Logitech M510 Mouse - I've been using it for years and it has high battery life.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Main build: K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown - G602 - Hyper X Clouds on occasions

HTPC: M800 - G602

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Corsair Strafe RGB with Cherry MX Blues and the logitech G502.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I am thinking about the same keyboard, thoughts on it?

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Flawless. I love this one way more than my K70 RGB that had the cherry mx reds. Better led controller and the material of the Strafe is so much easier to keep clean as opposed to the K70.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Logitech G910 Orion Spark

Razer Mamba 2012

Then some Razer mat

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

I use an ultrabook keyboard and a Logitech MX Master, which I think is one of the best mice I've used. I haven't had to charge it in months, and use it 12 hours a day.

For gaming, I'm planning on using a Razer Mamba TE for the mouse and a Blackwidow X Chroma TE (Ten Keyless, 16.8m RGB)

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

I use a generic HP office keyboard/mouse.

I would like to upgrade to a mechanical keyboard eventually.

• 50 months ago
  • 2 points

It's night & day if you can afford one

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I use this: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-keyboard-ch9000092na with cherry browns

and this: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/logitech-mouse-910004074

Macros are fun :D

EDIT: and a razer mouse pad I picked up ages ago.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Thought of replacing the Proteus Core with a Spectrum?

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Nah, its always under my hand anyway and I am too busy looking at my screen to notice the colours.

Plus im not too phased with matching colours (thus the blue and red) I just like the performance/feel.

Also I can turn my keyboard into an equalizer so that's enough for me :P

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

A Coolmaster Devastator combo. I plan on getting a new mouse soonish since I'm not a big fan of this one. I will probably end up going for a Logitech G502.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Genius X-G300 mouse,Genius Gaming Scorpion K5 keyboard.Very not solid,both tagged as gaming gear but the mouse has mouse prediction and the keyboard isn't mechanicall.It's cheap and it has RGB though... :D

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
  • 50 months ago
  • 1 point

what about the HE-500?

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Why not? Are you using them with stock pads?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube