add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

So should i buy Razer stuff?

Killer_68
  • 49 months ago

I'm interested in their products but i keep hearing s*** about them. I was looking for a mech keyboard and until now i was aiming for the Strafe RGB, but i had the opportunity to type on Razer Green switches and i felt absolutely amazing, and also a G710+ with MX Browns but they felt actually a bit disappointing but still better than the membrane keyboard i'm typing on tho.

I thought about MX Blues, but i do game A LOT, so maybe i might get a bit tired with them? I would like clicky switches but not to hard so i can game for long sessions. Here stuff i read about Razer Green http://www.tomshardware.com/news/razer-green-switches-not-kailh,30817.html I know Cherry MX are still better quality than Razer's.

So basically: I want RGB, clicky switches for gaming.

STRAFE RGB: 149€
Pros: Better quality, 2 years warranty
Cons: Not available in Blues (at least on amazon.fr)

Blackwidow Chroma: 139€
Pros: Looks just a bit better (in my opinion), how the switches feels, the 5 macros on the side so i can put ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).
Cons: Cheaper quality switches, I heard about leds failing after 1 year, 1 year warranty, Razer Synapse bad?

So what would you recommend for me?

Comments

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

If you are not an accountant, a 10 key less keyboard like the K65 RGB is great for under 100 bucks. Cherry MX Reds are my favorite and they are known for having built in RGBs with the software, although being harder to control, gives you endless possibilities in terms of lighting. You can even download presets! If your an FPS gamer, I'd recommend the Rapid fire keyboards. They have a lower actuation point which means when you press down the key it activates faster for better movements. Of course since it just came out in PAXeast2016, it is not on pcpartpicker and not on amazon, last time I checked. If its worth the 135USD price for better movement speeds, have at it. I may sound like a corsair fanboy, but they are a special partner with cherry MX so their getting the new and improved keys. I have Tested all the top 3 brands for keyboard (razer, corsair and logitech) and the responsive feel to the cherry MX reds just have a superior feel to it, the romer G and the razer green keys just feel like knockoffs in comparison. hoped this helped!

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I just like the clicky feel so much. I might go for MX Blues if i find some. I heard people play CSGO with them and apparently it's fine.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Browns are trash. Clear, or ergo clears preferably, if you're adventurous, would be what you're after.

[comment deleted]
  • 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I can vouch for the G910. Amazing keyboard and the key caps/switches aren't that bad as people make them out to be. RGB is amazing too, with little to no light bleed

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Apparently they're replacing the G910 Orion Spark with G910 Orion Spectrum.

[comment deleted]
  • 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Not as bad as Corsair Junk Utility

I thought it was good.

Corsair keyboards are made of aluminium

The STRAFE is made out of plastic.

It isn't Cherry MX Blue

It's actually what i was aiming for, clicky switches :/

its MX Brown, which is relatively similar

I did test out the G710+ from Logitech and the switches weren't as good as expected.

Problem is it's hard to find stuff at a good price or even find them at all where i live.

[comment deleted]
  • 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah but can't i just download a profile?

[comment deleted]
  • 49 months ago
  • 1 point

How about this http://www.razerzone.com/store/razer-blackwidow-x-ultimate it's aluminum and i don't why cheaper than the regular ones, also available in Cherry MX Blues.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube