add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Which is the better upgrade?

Hey folks, primarily a MMO player GW2, World of Warcraft and the like with the odd moba and open world RPG thrown in. I have a budget of around $400 (High end of said budget) Would I be better off going with a 21:9 1080p monitor or a smaller 1440p monitor? Just trying to get the most bang for my buck.

Comments

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

From what I see on several forums, you should be looking at one with an IPS panel. IMO you should get higher resolution, but 144Hz is not really necessary.

• 43 months ago
  • 2 points

I was looking more at the difference between an ultrawide screen 1080p or a traditional screen but with 1440p resolution. I dind't figure I needed nor could afford 144hz

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh. In that case I think you should go for the higher resolution monitor.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube