add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What amp do I need to have to drive the HD 600's

Growliff1234

41 months ago

Looking to invest in some new Sennheiser HD600. I found a good deal ($250) and I would like to know if I'm going to have to pay just as much to drive them, if so, I'll buy HD 598's.

Comments

• 41 months ago
  • 2 points

FiiO E10K

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

This would work fine for HD600s. I used this for a while then upgraded to Schiit Magni U/Modi U and noticed a slight increase in quality of bass, but the Schiit stack is really not necessary.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Try your onboard audio and see if its good enough. It is for me.

If not, the DACport Slim is constantly being dropped on Massdrop. Probably the best value you can get. Under that are some great options from Fiio, but I'd rather just save the money and go onboard.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Cheapest amp I would go is a Schiit Magni 2 or Objective 2 if you want diy. They scale with higher quality ( and more expensive)amplifiers though, ideal pairing would be with an OTL like a Valhalla or Bottlehead crack.

I have the same onboard as you, you'll definitely want a good amp for these.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Schiit stack or the O2 if you want DIY, but I heard some companies have been selling the O2

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

If you really want to test the waters with an amp, try the Topping NX-1.

It measures slightly worse than the popular O2 and has quite a bit less power, and it is cheap.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube