add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need a recommended motherboard, help please.

Sol_Ox
  • 42 months ago

I plan to put together a computer that will have the i5 6500, and the Asus GTX 1070 Strix. I am not interested in overclocking, not interested in SLI, and I plan to game on 1080p for now, and then upgrade to 4k in a few years once prices drop and gpu technology catches up to handle it. I just want to game with excellent video and sound quality, but I don't know if motherboards affect those in any way.

I'd rather not spend more money than necessary, as I'd like to invest that money in other computer parts, but would also like a reliable motherboard that will meet my needs.

Can someone recommend me a motherboard for what I may be looking for?

This is my current build. One of my concerns also is that the GPU I selected is rather large, would I be able to get a proper size micro atx motherboard to pair with it while fitting in that selected case? http://pcpartpicker.com/list/H3X4d6

Comments

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

My recommendation for your build would be to get an ASRock Z170M Extreme4.

For the price, it easily matches good H170 models and it also includes the latest audio codecs for the best possible sound.

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/6JfmP6/asrock-motherboard-z170mextreme4

The large GPU should not be of any concerns motherboards now feature reinforce slots and even if it sagged a little, itll take more than that to really have a bad effect on your performance.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

That's a good looking motherboard, I'm assuming that one in particular has the reinforced slots you mentioned?

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

all of them do some are more easy to spot due to metal bracings but these still are yes.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube