add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Looking for laptop for school

Xavior602
  • 45 months ago

Was looking at the Chromebooks, does anyone here have any expedience with them? My sole purpose would be to use Microsoft Office on it. Thanks

Comments

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Chrome Books unfortunately don't have support for MS Office, but rather Google's own cloud-based Docs, Sheets, and Slides. I would recommend a cheap Windows laptop if you are interested? I also suggest feeling the keyboards and looking at the screen before buying to make sure you enjoy that.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Chrome books are not very good. your going to be better of with a cheap windows.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Chromebooks can run Office 365, if you're willing to go for that. Also, Android app support is coming for Chromebooks very soon, so you could install the (free) Android version of Microsoft Office.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube