add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Getting used to new headphones?

Vas65mar
  • 42 months ago

Hey everyone. I have a really weird problem where every new headset i try just sounds awful, even when they are esteemed as the best on the market. I have tried Sennheiser G4ME Zero's, Plantronic gamecom 780s, Steelseries headsets, and all of them sound awful to me. Is it just me? im not sure if im supposed to get used to the audio or what the problem is. The only headsets i have been able to use were Razer blackshark and Astro a40s. Can someone tell me what the problem is?

Comments

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

What are you plugging them into? Perhaps the DAC is poor quality. Or maybe you're just used to bassy sounding headsets.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

hmm it might be that im used to big bass headsets since those headsets that i mentioned sounded flat to me

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Do they sound the same out of your phone/tablet?

Sometimes computer audio has weird stuff going on to alter the sound quite a bit. Never understood why they do that.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah they sound exactly the same

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

If that's the case, it's the sound signature of the headphones that you do not subjectively like, not that the headphones/source are broken.

Maybe try playing with EQ and see if you can get what you like better.

I've tried the Astro and they are extremely boomy and forward. Maybe you like that sound more over the other headphones.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

i do think that's the case, do you have any recommendations on which headphones i should get?

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't know. I recommend you play with eq first, then report back. After all, I have no idea exactly what you like and don't like.

; )

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

im using a fiio e10k DAC right now, not sure how to set up an equalizer

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube