add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Help with purchase of a new pair of headphones

Infirms

41 months ago

I am in the market for a new pair of headphones to use daily mainly to take with me to college The current headphones I am interested in are Phillips SHP9500 but people says the material used gets their ears sweaty after using them for a while ,u can't remove the EarPods to wash them or clean etc . They report these headphones are open back which leak sound (I'm not to informed on the difference between open and close back headphones) I tend to sweat a bit and past headphones I have used always leave a indent on my head after long use

My budget is around 100-150 I do t want to spend a lot just want a decent pair of headphones to use daily when I'm at home or at college

Comments

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd opt for IEMs (in ear monitors) instead. Much more portable and they won't leak sound.

Check out Joker's buying guide:

http://theheadphonelist.com/earphone-buyers-guide/

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

It's technically "ljokerl."

; )

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Open back: Sennheiser HD558, Superlux 668

Closed back: Audio Technica M40X, akg k553

The difference between open back headphones and closed back ones is that open back ones have a much wider soundstage but leak sound(better for gaming and pro audio but not good for travel or listening to them in crowded places like public transit).

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Can I detach the wire from any of those and use my own ?mainly the closed back would they be good to use in a gym ?

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes you can detach the wire on both the m40x and the k553 and yes closed back would be better for gym

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube