add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Headphone and External Mic Not Working To Standards. PLEASE HELP

Barbershop

39 months ago

I built my first pc the other day. I was all excited to plug in my faithful Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 and external antlion mod mic and start gaming. My main problem is hissing in the headset as well as mad mic quality and it being way too quiet. I originally had both plugged into the usb soundcard(came w/ headset) with a Y adapter but that has stopped working. I now have my mic plugged into the rear mic port on my MoBo(Asus Maximus VIII Hero, Uses Realtek). I've mic boosted all the way but it is still terribly low. I have seemed to get rid of the hissing on the headset with a firmware update on the soundcard.

Basically my question is I have Realtek on my Mobo. My Antlion Modmic 4.0 is coming in so soft I need to YELL to be heard clearly. Please help!!

Comments

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube