add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New Sennheiser HD 558/598 headphones

RazerZ
  • 42 months ago

Looks like just a visual update but they do look quite nice compared to the old models. Worth waiting for if you plan to buy a new pair soon.

HD 559=HD 558

HD 569= Closed back version of 559 with inline control

HD 579= HD 559 in alternate grey/silver color scheme

HD 599= HD 598

Comments

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Sigh

Again, their need to rebrand models/tweak them and sell them for different prices.

Sadly, this works from a marketing perspective. Hopefully this time they won't cripple the good aspects of the headphones again...

: (

• 42 months ago
  • 2 points

I wouldn't call it a rebrand, I think we desperately needed a closed back hd558, and who knows, the sound might be improved

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep. Sennheiser got the memo apparently but still haven't removed their pesky locking cable.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

well the cord is 10ft long, so it often gets rolled over and unplugs harshly so im on the fence

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

It comes with a 1.2m cable with inline controls and 3m cable.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright.

: )

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

How did they cripple it last time?

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

HD650 = HD600 - Highs + $$$

HD600 = HD580 - Highs + $$$

o( ゚Д゚)O!!!

• 42 months ago
  • 2 points

The 600 is a better built and more refined 580. The 650 is similar to the 600 with a slightly different tuning, new paint job, subtle improvements in sq, and much better stock cable. The pricing seems justified to me.

As for the entry level cans like the old 595 or 555 they have always seemed to get better overall.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I was exaggerating a bit. Recently been going through an audio burnout.

I can't say I agree it disagree with the changes. Some people love them, some hate them. Personally I hate the HD650, but some like them so that's great! The HD600 has been around for so long that people have accepted it for all the yays and nays they it is.

I still hope the new ones indeed are improvements and not mainly a rebrand + some tuning (that you could have done with eq or some cheap mods anyways) that is used to serve as an excuse to charge more money/get people hyped up about a new product.

• 42 months ago
  • 2 points

I doubt their will be much of improvement but I'm looking forward to the closed back 558. Upon release they will likely be pricey but will drop down after some time

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Price??

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Here's the pricing from HifiHeaven. They are a small brick and morter store so their prices will be higher than most places elsewhere.

HD 559 - $149.95

HD 569 - $179.95

HD 579= $199.95

HD 599= $249.95

Their pricing is the same or cheaper than the old HD 5 series line.

http://hifiheaven.net/shop/index.php?route=product/search&search=sennheiser%20HD%205

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

I dont know about this. Im sorta afraid that the prices are way higher than the older ones but if that happens ill just get the older versions

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, that has been the trend for audio companies during recent years, unfortunately. : (

Looking forward to the measurements. Hope they actually deliver instead of just doing some cheap/questionable tweaks and raise the price for profit only.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh wow. I was seriously looking at getting the hd 558, so glad I read this post !!!

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Yea I'd wait and see. The old models might get discounted if they're trying to clear stock

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 42 months ago
  • 1 point

the black 598 is 120 last time i checked, so that's good

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Newegg as well. Bought a pair of HD 518 for $50 there and got a student discount making them $45.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube