add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

$25 Logitech G230 vs $100 HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset

Sol_Ox

39 months ago

I am a big fan of the bang for buck items, and while I know that the price difference is drastic, I'm still curious to know what opinions I would read when choosing between these two items. I love to save as much money as I can while still having a fantastic gaming experience, I'm not the sort who will willingly pay top dollar for the absolute best.

I simply want a gaming headset that will make me feel more immersed with the game that I play, games like Battlefield 1, GTA V, Tomb Raider, Witcher 3, etc. I want to be able to have virtual surround sound, and be able to pinpoint where that one footstep I just heard came from. Would I get that quality from the Logitch G230? Or will it be worth my money to pay for the HyperX Cloud II headset? Or do you know of an even better bang for buck gaming headset that you can recommend me?

Comments

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Well the G230 is stereo if you want surround the G430 has that.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

When in doubt, the Audio Technica ATH AD-700x, something like an AT2020-USB and a good DAC will give you near wall-hack abilities on BF4/1, R6S, and a lot of other games. Only problem is a decent audio driver is required to run it, ergo a sound card (or even an external USB card) is a must.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube