add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is there a way to make a 16-bit program appear seamlessly on a 64-bit computer?

Happyville101

38 months ago

I have a disk with Simcity 2000 bundle that I got from a raffle, and it was one of those annoying 16-bit windows versions that didn't work in DOSBox and didn't work in 64x. I know that I can use a virtual machine and turn it to seamless mode, but that's just a window with a transparent texture. Is there a way to make something like xp mode in windows 10?

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Have you tried going into the properties for the game and checking what you can do under the compatibility tab? I've never done that with a program like that, but that would be the first thing I would attempt. Old article but should still apply.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I tried, but I think when the installer runs, it would say that it is designed for older versions of windows. Windows 64 bit compatibility: 64 bit programs and 32 bit programs. Windows 32 bit compatibility: 32 bit programs and 16 bit programs. Linux multi-arch 64 bit compatibility: 64, 32, 16. DARNIT Windows.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube