add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Looking for wireless and wired headphones

Werickson24

39 months ago

The world of the headphones seems infinitely complex and every time you think you found the perfect one the reviews say differently. So I've come here mainly because my current headphones(iahb16) have broken for the 6th time.

I would like them to be identical to the skull candy hesh 2 wireless but with better sound quality

Wireless is a must unless the sound is great then I would be ok with no wireless

A removable cable

build quality Must be great

The price of the headphones I hope to stay around 200$ but I'd like it to be about 150$

Comments

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

One pair I've found is the r+ legend by bluedio but aparently the bass on them is just too much. Are they good or not?

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Nope. For wired I would look into a pair of Sennheiser HD 558, $80 right now on sale at Fry's and Best Buy

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

The 569s look perfect. The 558s are good but the adapter won't work for me since I'll use them mostly for my iPad.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Sounds good. Pricing is a bit high right now though since they just came out. You could buy a 2.5mm male to 3.5mm male cable but you would need to remove the cable locking mechanism on the 558 first.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Is the 569s headband plastic or some type of rubber?

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Plastic

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

What Would you recommend for wireless headphones? The v-moda cross fade wireless are great but just expensive but they look like they have great durability.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm not really familiar with wireless but VModa does have good build quality and a bassy sound. Comfort isn't that great though

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

You can easily buy some new pads for 20$ everyone who gets them gets the new pads.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Certainly an option but just further costs to consider. At $300 they are already overpriced, I would avoid wireless if possible.

If you want tank like build quality and excellent comfort newegg has the Beyerdynamic DT 770 and DT 990 PRO on sale for $109. You'll want an amp to power them with such as a Fiio E10k and that's another $70.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

In store? Because I am not seeing this deal on either site.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

The HD 558 deal? Looks like its ended

[comment deleted]
  • 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Well the HD 558 aren't hard to drive so I imagine an iPad will do just fine but you probably won't get the max amount of volume out of the HD 558 in this scenario.

But if you need some cans that are built like a tank let me show you the ever popular V-Moda M100 : https://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-Crossfade-Over-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphone/dp/B00A39PPCG/ref=sr_1_2?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1473221578&sr=1-2&keywords=v+moda

V-Moda's headphones use metal in their headphones so they can take a beating better then most headphones. If the M100s are to much for your budget then the M80s are below $200 and you still get that tank build but at the cost of an on ear design instead of an Over ear design like on the M100s. Also if you like the concept of V-Moda's headphones then they also make a wireless version of their headphones but at a premium of $300 and at that point it starts to compete with other headphones from the likes of Sony and such.

V-Moda Crossfade wireless : https://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-Crossfade-Wireless-Over-Ear-Headphone/dp/B015R7AGHC/ref=sr_1_3?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1473221578&sr=1-3&keywords=v+moda

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

They look like tanks :D. If they are built to last it wouldn't be too hard to save and get one like the v-moda wireless if they will last longer. Also my motherboard has weird yellow usb ports for audio and a changeable op amp.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

For that price, you are going into the legendary DT1350 and HD25-1 II territory, which are classic professional headphones. Small, light weight, extremely comfortable, isolates noise well, and (although it might not look like it) built incredibly solid.

Yellow or red ports are traditionally speed-and-charge ports. In the past, when you close the computer, the USB ports shut down, so these ports have their own power delivery line independent from other usb ports. That way, when you turn off your computer at night, you can still plug your phone into these ports to charge them.

Today they are essentially useless for most people as you can make bios tweaks to keep the USB ports on under different conditions (sleep mode, shut off, etc.). However, due to the nature of usb audio, how people might cheapen out on the USB's design and how busy usb ports can get, you might get dirty usb power or corrupted data. Using a usb port that isolates it's power from all other usb ports can deliver cleaner power, so many people use a powered USB hub to pair with their usb dac. Think of your yellow usb port as a integrated powered USB hub.

As for the OP amp...just use EQ to change the sound. You can get a lot more refinements and control that way, and it's free. Testing different op amps is a hit or miss.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you razerz And u-3c and azianbubbletea for helping instead of one comment that doesn't even point to anything.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

I most likely after looking at all the headphones I'll go with the v moda crossfade wireless but time goes on and new stuff is made every month so it may change.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube