add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Xiberia Headsets

Junior1210

39 months ago

A friend has ordered this headset for me as a late birthday gift. I've never heard of the company and info from Google is pretty slim. Amazon reviews seem positive. For $20 -/+ it doesn't seem bad. Anybody have any insights or experience?

https://www.amazon.com/XIBERIA-Virtual-Surround-Over-ear-Microphone/dp/B01FXD3BTK

Comments

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Well they don't seem terrible for $20, I'd expect them to be on par if not better than something like a Razer Kraken. That being said ideally you would want a pair of decent headphones+mic . There are good options on a budget as well such as a Monoprice 8323 for $15.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, since I'm not the one paying I can't really complain. More than anything, I just wanted to know how they are since I know nothing about the company.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

I found this review of this headset if anyone cares.

http://pcgamebros.com/xiberia-e1-review/

Never heard of the site so take it with a grain of salt. Falls in line with reviews on Amazon though so probably is legit. maybe.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

O.k., I've had these for a day now and reviews are accurate. Build quality is nice, headset is light weight but sturdy. Sound is a little light on the bass, but was corrected to my satisfaction by adjusting sound properties in the OS. Earcuffs are cotton soft and feel good while wearing. There's only the USB connection and works just fine in USB 3.0 ports (though it's meant for 2.0). The cable is heavy duty thick and @ 7 foot long so plenty of tether and not likely to kink or break easily. Volume control is on the back of the left cup, but no mute for the mic at all.

Link to product page: http://www.smartaudios.com/products/7

I've paid more for worse headphones in the past, so no complaints from me on this set here. This wound up being a rather nice (if late) birthday present from my friend. This would be a good buy for a back-up set or low cost main set.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

If I had $20 to spend on a headset, I'd get the Koss KSC75 and a clip on mic or the Monoprice 8323 like RazerZ said, but hey, theres no such thing as complaining about free!

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't really like clip-on speakers like the Koss KSC75. The springs seem to be either too loose or too tight for my comfort, so I stick to headsets. In either case though, free is the best!

[comment deleted]
  • 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Google seems to have the same problem. I dunno if it a knock-off, but it's pretty decent. Free is the best, but after having used them, the asking price is worth it. I've looked for info on the rest of their products and it seems that their whole line up is fairly well thought of, though not top of the line, good value for the money. If I have to buy a headset, these guys are on my short list.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube