add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Earphones VS Headphones

Matthewtina2015

39 months ago

Hi, I have a question. Should I get earphones or headphones?

Headphones

Pros

Better sound (right?)

More comfortable (supposedly)

Stay on your head

Cons

Not portable

Earphones

Pros

More portable

Cons

Better sound (or am I wrong?)

Less comfortable (educate me on this too please)

I'm SERIOUSLY worried about them falling off. Should I be worried or not?

I'm also worried about losing them. Again, should I be worried?

No mic (that's what I heard, am I right?

Also, please leave some recommendations

Comments

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

If looking into IEMs, here is a good place to get yourself started.

Here is a fairly complete list of the popular IEMs out there. Don't expect too many of the newer ones that just came out, as all the reviews are done by ljokerl himself and each review takes time.

As for my personal honest reaction to my gear...

I choose my IEMs over my headphones for:

Their sound, when I feel like it.

Their comfort.

Their ability to stay on, whether I'm sitting for 10 hours or whether I'm exercising, and their portability.

I choose my headphones over my IEMs for:

Their sound, when I feel like it.

When my ears are cold, and I need earwarmers.

\(^_^)/

Everything depends on what you buy. Buy headphones that sound bad, and they will sound bad. Buy earphones that are uncomfortable, and they will be uncomfortable. Buy headphones that are not designed for portability, and they won't be portable.

There are countless designs/technologies used in different headphones and IEMs, making them vary drastically. What are you looking for?

You can read a few reviews from the links I've provided if you are not sure. They should give you a basic idea of what to look for when judging IEMs. I assume others will fill you in on headphones much better than I can.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Well let me explain a little. 1-2 years ago, I bought some Sony headphones from Costco for about $150-180. I was thinking that since I was getting a whole new PC, I would return those and use that money to buy myself a new pair of headphones or earbuds. However, I'd rather not use all of that money. For headphones, I was thinking the HyperX series or something from Sennheiser. What do you think?

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

The HyperX Cloud series are very nice. They are basically a rebranded Takstar Pro 80 with a mic and are great if you want an all-in-one solution.

I know they are coming out with a cheaper headphone, but I have never heard it or read about it, so I can't say.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh, interesting.

Sp what would you recommend?

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

That really depends on what you like/what you are looking for. Superlux has some great cheap options for headphones. It's just they are uncomfortable.

The links I've posted before are great references to IEMs.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

I just want something comfortable, stays in my ear, and sounds decent

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

if you're looking for mobile, then go with the Jaybirds X2

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

What's a good price?

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

$100.00 on Amazon

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Link?

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Hm...white. Nice

Look, here's the deal. I made this topic to help me decide if I want earphones or headphones. I don't know what to do.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube