add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Philips Fidelio X2 Vs. Hifiman He400S?

modem_

39 months ago

Hello,

I have found these two pairs to be the most promising for my personal tastes. Which of the two provides the most reliability, immersive experience, and soundstage? Also, will be using for open world games and FPS shooters. Will listen to all genres of music.

Thanks.

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

First, it's best to see if you can try both in real life. Reading about headphones is very different from hearing them. I ended up hating many headphones that otherwise appeared perfect based on reviews. Audio is also subjective, so what you find immersive may beer exactly what others find unimmersive. ; )

Both headphones are great based on reviews, but I've only heard the Hifiman.

I didn't quite like the way they were built, but they sounded okay, like all expensive headphones. Should be good for general use.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

If you're considering the Hifiman add on $40 for some focus pads. The stock pads are terrible and greatly reduce bass extension.

Regarding build quality the X2 takes the cake, no question.

The Hifiman will offer a more natural sound while the X2 emphasizes bass and treble over midrange. Since you listen to all genres I would lean towards a neutral pair like the Hifiman.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube