add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Finally... Zen

supersimon2
  • 39 months ago

http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/new-horizon

I have been waiting for this day for months:)

Comments

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Hopefully it's not a bust like bulldozer was.

Fingers crossed

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

This is the only reason why I haven't purchased my new build yet.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Same here. I want the 8c/16th rx 480 all amd build.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

That is literally what I'm waiting for too

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Honestly, the I5-7600k is only 9% better than the 6600k. Zen CPUs are going to crush Skylake. Makes me wonder how powerful AMD's 250$ Zen CPU will be. I may actually have to go AMD for this one...

And how about that 32-core, 64-thread Zen Processor, tho?

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

They're gonna crush Skylakes? I don't recall AMD's marketers boasting that hard. :)

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

No, but that's what a few of my friends (Hardcore computer nerds) are saying.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

I remember AMD saying that they'd hit Haswell levels (or that might be a rumor). Then there's those engineering samples that were tested in restricted environments. I'd hesitate to make any bold claims until I see enough independently verified results--or hear from someone on the inside. :P

That's just me though. I was hoping you had some of that inside info. :D

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

They showed a Zen engineering sample matching an i7-6900K in a Blender rendering demo, with the i7-7900K's speed locked to the same 3GHz speed as the Zen sample source.

(This is not to suggest that I believe the "Zen is going to thrash Skylake!" hype. I'm not getting my hopes up until reliable 3rd-party reviewers have actual product in their hot little hands to test.)

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Hell yeah, man! Gotta wait for some (relatively) independent reviews. Still, I'm set on buying one or two after the initial price surge.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube