• Log In
  • Register

News of 1080ti

Forum Search


  • Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed


Comments Sorted by:

Biggus86 submitter 1 Build 2 points 28 months ago

I think I'll stick with the 1080 (evga ftw), as I'll be buying it in a few weeks and not going to hold out any longer. That 10 quid a month thing... What a crock of, well you know.

rayven1lk 1 Build 2 points 28 months ago

Yeah I'm feeling very impatient right about now. I have all the other parts and am waiting on my monitor, but the need to build is nagging at me. And no way am I paying 10 a month for indie games...they can shove it up, well you know ;)

rayven1lk 1 Build 1 point 28 months ago

How is there no discussion on this already? I thought it's a hotly anticipated piece of news. Anyways not a big fan of the whole 980Ti-holders get dibs. If you have enough money to spend, why shouldn't you be able to order. The GeForce elite club thing sounds like BS too...just some extra way to make money from fan boys. $10/month for indie games....get outta here

How do you guys think the pricing is gonna go?

A5PECT 1 Build 2 points 28 months ago

I'm not interested until I hear the official announcement directly from Nvidia themselves and/or we get actual information on the Ti's specifications. There's no announcement on Nvidia's site or their main GeForce page, and all of these second-hand sources are very heavy on vague claims and speculation.

Even then, the real story will be how it stacks up against Vega (assuming they launch around the same time).

rayven1lk 1 Build 1 point 28 months ago

I get that. It was a verified linkedin job posting which was taken off.

But yeah I can't wait to see these benchmarks. I'm considering getting it for my new build and am holding off on the 1080 since this announcement seems to be around the corner

A5PECT 1 Build 1 point 28 months ago

I'm looking to upgrade from a 980 Ti, but I'm hoping AMD offers a competitive alternative through Vega as I already have a Freesync monitor. If team red doesn't come through I'll probably end up getting a 1080 Ti.

A5PECT 1 Build 1 point 28 months ago

Just wanted to throw in some wild speculation: many tech journalists are conspicuously quiet about this leak. Putting on my tinfoil cap, I can definitely see a 1080 Ti announcement being imminent with the usual suspects under NDA. Cards may have already been sent out to media outlets for review, but they can't publish or comment on anything until Nvidia makes the official official announcement.

rayven1lk 1 Build 1 point 28 months ago

It should be good since we'll have some benchmarks to go by right after the announcement

[comment deleted]
Pcdestroysconsole 1 point 28 months ago

I heard that it will debut in January. Supposedly it is going to be in stores by March. IIt will be the same story as the GTX 980 hahaah. It is good thing that I don't have that type of money to spend on just a GPU!

rayven1lk 1 Build 1 point 28 months ago

If that's the story, I'm just gonna get the 1080 from Evga and step up haha