add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

A quick note on karma scores

philip

83 months ago

For anyone wondering why their karma score (number in parenthesis next to their username) dropped recently - that was due to me fixing a bug.

My original implementation counted not only your comments upvotes and downvotes, but also erroneously added a score of '1' for each comment. The new scoring removes the extra point for each comment, and now reflects solely the sum of your comments' upvotes and downvotes.

Comments

• 83 months ago
  • 7 points

how wonderful, Although I nearly had a heartattack when I saw my score go from 1300+ to 400+ :(

I'm addicted to your site and the ever urging feeling to help builders get the best builds they can. Thank you once again for an amazing site!!

• 83 months ago
  • 2 points

Here here, agreed in full.

• 83 months ago
  • 2 points

I'm a huge fan of the site too. I agree 100%, thank you Philip for this resource!

• 80 months ago
  • 3 points

IDK if it is just me but mine has seemed to have state at 0 since I joined 4-5 months ago.

• 80 months ago
  • 1 point

The karma would increase (or decrease) if someone clicked one of the arrows on the side of your posts.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube