add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Soundcard and Headphones suggestions.

LostElement

38 months ago

I know, I won't need a soundcard. The onboard audio on the MSI M5 is already great. But I am willing to spend money on one; what would be the best suggestion under 100 USD? And for Headphones, what would be the best under 100 USD? I would prefer a red and black theme or just black.

Thanks.

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Soundcard and Headset.

If you'd like headphones without a mic then I'm not quite sure... I'd have to look around on Amazon or something for a bit to figure that one out.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Lol, that headset comes with a usb soundcard, just pointing that out :P

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

It does? Cool.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Can i just take that as $200 total?

Dac (close enough) + headphones

I would suggest this dac, but it would be over budget

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

If you don't need a soundcard don't buy one lol.

Sennheiser HD 558 is $69.99 at Fry's and $89.99 at best buy, should be great for gaming and music.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, I don't need a 250$ case, but I want one and I am getting it. Same thing applies to this soundcard :P. And will those be compatible with the MSI M5 motherboard?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes. Any headphone that uses a 3.5mm jack will be compatible.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I mean the soundcard

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

i wouldn't recommend getting a sound card get a amp such as the mayflower objective 2 as for headphones the cloud 2's

the mayflower amp is the amp youtubers such as barnacules nerdgasm and jayztwocents i think use and quote it beats amps worth more then $1000

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/tZL7YJ/kingston-headphones-khxhscprd

https://www.mayflowerelectronics.com/shop/headphone-amplifiers/standard-objective2-headphone-amplifier/

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

The O2 is worse than the Schiit Magni 2 which is the same price and also not needed for the HyperX Cloud

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube