add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

So many options I honestly have no idea where to begin looking...

Essex23

38 months ago

Ok..so I currently have an old, and by old I mean a set of 2003 Altec Lansing 221 speakers. But I am about to redo my entire rig AND desk and want to up my game on my sound as well.

Am planning on dropping an ASUS Xonar Essence STX II in my new rig, which is primarily used for games, watching movies, and playing music through while I play my guitar. The Altec's aren't bad, but they aren't that good either.

I thought about getting the Audioengine 5+, but there is no sub with that, and also considered something like the Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 setup as well. But there are just so many damn choices, that I can't get a good idea what would be ideal for me.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

JBL LSR 305, On sale for $200 at musicians friend. You'll be able to hear every last detail of your music and games.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/jbl-lsr305-5-in.-limited-edition-powered-studio-monitor--matte-red?cntry=us&source=3WWRWXGP&gclid=CP_n1-uCldECFUS2wAodaekPeQ&kwid=productads-adid^156727059247-device^c-plaid^140859210981-sku^J42318000000000@ADL4MF-adType^PLA

Instead of the essence I'd go with the Schiit Fulla 2. Good quality amplifier and DAC with a preamp all for $99.

http://schiit.com/products/fulla-2

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube