add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need a sound card with red and white RCA?

Davidmurphey

38 months ago

I have an aux to RCA converter right now that connects to the front of my PC, but I want an RCA behind the case but the plugs I have right now are Red Green and blue and they won't work with my stereo. So I was wondering if there was a modern sound cards in the $50 range with RCA red and white outputs, or an Aux would be fine as well.

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I would prolly just get another aux > rca converter cable to use at the back too, monoprice ftw! :D

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Do all sound cards have aux outs? Or are there only specific models?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

You should be able to use the regular speaker or 'phones output, they're all the same style 3.5mm connector on the cards/mobos I've seen.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

What, so I'd have to get 2 and have one for left and one for right? I also have a center speaker, would that be taken into account as well?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

No, there's plenty of 3.5mm > stereo rca cables available, but if you've got a surround set up (& I guess an a/v amp?) a card with an optical out might be better so you can get 5.1.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

No surround, three left & three right speakers, center speaker, subwoofer, and an old stereo that only accepts red and white cables. So if I get a sound card i'd just plug the aux into the plug that corresponds to that cord and it will play through center left right and sub fine?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube