add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Beyerdynamic mmx300

Kelfella
  • 39 months ago

Hi guys , planning on purchasing this headset . Do they need a dedicated sound card or external amp , my motherboard is MSI gaming 5 .

Im concerned that this headset does not have a volume control , what options do I have for ingame control .

Know absolutely nothing about pc audio . Appreciate your help .

Comments

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Most gaming headsets have a pretty low impedance so I can't imagine that you'd need an amp to drive them.

I don't see anything about in-game volume control on the headset but is there an issue with just using the volume controls found in Windows? That's what I use and if that's not enough then almost every game has audio options in the menu that will let you tinker with volumes.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for replying . Yeah suppose its not that big an issue to adjust volume in the options . Im playing a lot of DayZ lately and im thinking about times when I might need to quickly tweak the volume to hear distant footsteps or maybe with these new Beyers I wont need to do that .

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

It should run flawlessly. I would suggest to go for DT770 Pro and get a good mic. That will most likely be cheaper, even if you use the overprized ModMic.

An alternative would be the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus with Headset addition, not sure if that would come you cheaper than going for the MMX300, probably check that.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Hi , went with the MMX300 , just arrived this morning . Have been using the Razer Kraken for the last 2 years and wow these Beyers are a different world , really happy with them . Thanks for your thoughts .

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube