add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need Headset/Headphone Recommendations

LiquiddZ
  • 39 months ago

Hey everyone! I recently have decided to buy a new pair of headphones, but cant decide on what would be good for me. I currently have the Razer Blackshark, and it, along with the Astro A40's, is the only headphones that i actually like. I am very picky when it comes to audio profiles, and apparently this is the only one my ears can tolerate T_T. I cant get another pair of Blacksharks, so i'm looking for headphones with similar audio profiles. Thanks!

Headsets i have tried but not liked: Sennheiser G4ME Zero, Audio‑Technica ATH‑M50x, beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro, SteelSeries Siberia V2, HyperX Cloud II, HyperX Revolver,

There are some more that i cant remember

Comments

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Budget?

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

$300

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm assuming you're after headphones with a lot of bass? Try the JVC HA-SZ2000, they're $170 on ebay.

If you are open to used I would look for a pair of Fostex THX-00, they have less bass quantity but the sound is more musical overall and they are far better built.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Why would you recommend a close back pair of cans for gaming? Don't get me wrong, the Fostex THX-00 are great cans but why not recommend something with a massive soundstage like the 598's?

598's are awesome in the soundstage department and these Fidelio X2's I just picked up are even more spacious and have noticeably better imaging than the 598's. Grab a V-Moda BoomPro and you are at $280 and have an end game pair of cans and a great mic.

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-X2-27-Fidelio-Headphones/dp/B00O2Y2MZG/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1484418105&sr=1-1&keywords=fidelio+x2

https://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-BoomPro-Gaming-Headset-Headphone/dp/B00BJ17WKK/ref=pd_bxgy_23_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00BJ17WKK&pd_rd_r=W39ZQ6KR9BDG1QRGJVZ9&pd_rd_w=FuPpU&pd_rd_wg=ASVLE&psc=1&refRID=W39ZQ6KR9BDG1QRGJVZ9

If you want something with a darker sound signature you can always check out the Sennheiser HD 558.

https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-558-Headphones/dp/B004FEEY9A/ref=sr_1_1?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1484418214&sr=1-1&keywords=558

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

He said he's looking for a headphone with a similar sound to the headsets he owns. The Fostex and JVC both have impactful bass which I thought OP would like and are better in every other regard.

He also said he didn't like the G4ME Zero headset which is similar to the HD 558/598.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

I have a pair of astro a40's but have had issues with them, sound and comfortability are great, but the boom got really loose on the left side so I swapped it the right side and fixed that.The amp tends to stop working sometimes, fixed it by swapping usb ports but it still does it once in a while, also seems like the size adjustment is getting loose, I've only had them since my birthday. (November 2015) The mic is pretty good. My little brother has a pair of Razer Kraken 7.1 but they look huge and feel cheap and the mic picks up lots of background noise but its pretty good.

What's your budget and what are you looking for (color, size, style, mic quality, type of sound quality, etc)

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

SHP9500 w/ vmoda boom mic, costs about 80$ altogether!

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Are you planning on using your cans for in game chat or something else?

If your using them for chat I recommend the sennheiser 363d. I personally don't own these but, the mic sounds pretty good from what I've heard.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube