add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

This a good budget headphone for gaming

MilesM

37 months ago

I don't like the look of gaming headsets and heard there sound quality is ****, how's the superlux hd668B combined with modmic 4.0 and what is the cheapest sound card or dac or whatever do I need for it? Thanks!

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

https://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets/arctis-3

This one is amazing. Great sound quality (trust me, I know). Has a retractable gaming mic that sounds good, volume control on the headset, a dedicated engine to allow you to customize almost everything about the headset, (including an equalizer and other stuff) it has detachable wires so if you break it you can just replace the wire, it's compatible with mac, phones, PC, etc straight outta the box. (Comes with adapter for phones/mac).

My brother actually owns the superlux hd668B, and he says it has decent quality. The cord did break early on though, and he had to replace the earpads as well because they were so uncomfortable. He also says he can't wear them for extended periods of time.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey man, yeah I did like the look of the Arctis 3 actually before I thought about getting studio headphones, I'm no audiophile but those who are ( or at least people who seem very knowledgable on youtube), such as the guys on Crit TV, say that the superlux hd668b are better than any gaming headset they've tried and that 7.1 virtual surround pales in comparison to simply having a larger soundstage...?

yeah I saw a few people said it needs new ear pads but most seem to say they could wear them all day if they wanted so I don't know aha Thanks for the reply!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube