add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

HyperX Cloud 2, under 100 bucks Yay or Nay?

kazini

36 months ago

hello, i just ordered my wife a pair of Sennheiser hd558's for gaming/streaming as she uses a Yeti Microphone, am looking to buy a full headset for myself and was curious if the hyperx cloud 2 was a good deal under 100 dollars on sale at newegg atm, would like something with a detachable cable if possible though haven't had much luck in finding a full gaming headset with that.

Edit, also looking at the Razer Kraken 7.1 Headset on sale at best buy right now for 76 dollars.

Comments

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

You could go for the original cloud's, they go for around $70-$80. The only difference is the cloud 2s have 7.1 but that's really a gimmick. The combo your wife went with was perfect though.

I'd personally go for the headphone/mic combo and get the SHP9500 and a Antlion ModMic 4.0

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

any comment on the kraken 7.1 Chromas for 76 bucks? i tend to stay away from their stuff because you're usually paying for a name but they have good reviews :-/

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

also is 7.1 really a gimmick? i've noticed a good bit of difference when trying them out granted im hard of hearing to begin with.

Also my friend uses that Modmic with his AudioTechnicas/Sennheiser (not sure which he uses for gaming or music just know thats why he has 2) funny enough

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Razer products generally have a bad reputation but I don't know if that's true or not. And I haven't seen any video reviews for them, I have seen the HyperX Cloud 1&2 reviews and their pretty good.

It's simulated 7.1 which can be done by pretty much every headphone/headset. Razer Synapse can mimic the same thing.

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

ah gotcha, i knew it was simulated because i haven't seen actual surround on anything remotely close to that price range because its just not cost effective to even try.

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

hmm might go for the seperate mic and those, the reviews look phenomenal.

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Keep in mind, just like the HD558 your wife has these are open-back headphones, they purposefully leak sound to get a better soundstage.

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah i'm aware, i have tried my friends HD 598's and loved them as well as a pair of audio-technicas he had that were open back.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube