add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New Standing Desk, New Speaker Needed

texasmayne
  • 37 months ago

I just built my standing desk yesterday, and realized that I want a speaker with great audio quality to output sounds from my computer. I currently have the htpc hooked up via HDMI to a 24" Vizio 1080p TV, with built in speakers. Post your recommendations here. You can see more pics of the setup here, https://www.instagram.com/texasmayne/

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

Wow! Great job on the desk. Was that a pre-bought table top or did you put it together? Looks great. I'm looking to upgrade my entry level Logitechs & have two in mind.

I'm either going to go with a relatively affordable 2.1 setup from Klipsch ; "Pro-Media 2.1". If I have more disposable income: a pair of "Audio Engine A2+". I've read they don't have much bass to them so a powered sub would be a must to add to it. The Klipsch may fit your desk better.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks! I was originally going to install a 30"x 72" piece of wood, but the 24"x 48" fits just right. I finally got around to it after doing some wood working outside. I will check out those speakers that you mentioned and let you know what I decide to go with. I also need some cord covers for the power and a new wireless router.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Looking at your setup again, I didn't realize your Cooler Master cube has taken up space in-between the monitor & itself. Would you be able to install speaker shelves on your wall? That would be your best bet.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Great idea. I will probably give that a shot.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube