add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

GTX 1060 vs Duel 1080p monitors

Codcumm15

37 months ago

I was wondering if a 1060 would support duel 1080p monitors at a decent frame rate (while gaming)

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I was wondering if a 1060 would support duel 1080p monitors at a decent frame rate

Most likely yes but it also depends what type of game you plan on playing and at what settings. If you haven't bought the 1060 yet, I recommend the 480 instead as it has 2 more GB of VRAM which will allow might allow higher settings and FPS.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, I haven't bought it yet so I will make the change

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

The 480 is also cheaper than 1060s and with their recent updates, they were able to make the 480 surpass the 1060.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I would go for a 480 it also supports crossfire! but I will add I had a 760 2gb running duel 1080p monitors at a good enough frame rate at med sometimes high settings so yes an 1060 or RX 4080 would be good enough for duel 1080p at a good frame rate

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Are you talking about playing a 1080p game on one and having ancillary stuff on the other (team chat, music, etc.,) or are you talking about gaming at 3840x1080?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I would never recommend dueling with monitors. It usually ends up with one or both of them getting damaged. Oh wait, I think you meant dual. The 1060 will get decent frame rates at 3840x1080, but it won't be the best.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Should be fine. Like others have said, get an RX 480. Also, gaming on two monitors at the same time may not be the best experience

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes but gaming on two monitors is a HORRIBLE experience unless you have both bezels dead in the center of the screen.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

That's why you just get two of these bad boys and ignore the price while buying it!

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

uuuugh we need more monitors like this. There's too many "bezel-less" displays that still have a huge boarder when they are actually lit.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I plan on gaming on one and discord on the other

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

A 1060 will be more than adequate. But I'd still get a RX480

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I have a 1060 and 2 1080p monitors and usually play either 2 games, one on each monitor, or one game with Skype etc on the other monitor and I have 0 issues. The 1060 would be great for what you're trying to achieve.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube