add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Audiophobe Here, Help With Speakers

Cicero_

37 months ago

Hello. I am here to ask for some tips when picking speakers for my computer. I have a very small budget (~$50) for a speaker and I'm not sure what I should look for. Do I want a larger or smaller frequency? And is more watts good or bad? I was thinking about Logitech Z313's but I heard they weren't automatically configured and you had to do everything yourself or bad things happen. Any tips?

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

I use z506 for my computer as its just for blasting music/playing racing games. I use headsets for everything else. I don't think you'll be dissapointed in the z313's, but my z506 get disorted when cranked past ~50-60% they are plenty loud though. I'll say they are good enough for their purpose, don't expect mind boggling audio quality lol. If you want to use them for "audiophile" tier listening of music and such you'll need to increase your budget to $200-400

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree, I also have the z506 and it distorts at high volume. out of the box it doesn't sound that great either, I had to mess with the EQ to get it the way I want. Don't get me wrong though, they're brilliant for the price.

[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Technically in a good system not every speaker is full range, full range meaning all the human can hear. You'd want dedicated lows, mids, highs. In the high end systems you'll get speakers in between those mid/highs low/mids etc. I had a buddy that had ~$15,000 in audio equipment in his competition car. Could hear every single note crystal clear from every direction. Some speakers hit so low you can't even hear them. You feel them.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube